What are these different versions of Scubapro 108???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmdivers

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two scubapro 108 2nd stages - the first one has a large hexagonal valve body and the other has a much smaller nut size to the valve body - hope the the pictures are clear enough as to what I'm going on about!

108version2.jpg~original

108version1.jpg~original

The regulators are the same (more or less), The difference is not in the "valve body", it's in the hoses: the older hoses from Scubapro came with the hex nut, as in the first pic., the current ones with the knurled nut as in the second pic. The regulator body only has a male thread on to which the hose is attached.

I think maybe one has the adjustable orifice and the other has the fixed orifice, but I'm not sure.

I have a few 108s I picked up on various "deals". As Halo mentions there is a difference in the fixed vs adjustable orifice, another difference is in the exhaust flange. In the newer models the metal around the exhaust valve which the tee attaches is oval shaped. In the older models it is round. Another difference is in the rubber purges, some have a much deeper relief to insert the scubapro logo (and seem stiffer) than others.

Hi guys - thanks for the replies so far. I've attached another photo, this time with the hoses removed so there is no confusion as to what I'm on about. It does look like one valve body is an adjustable orifice and the other is a fixed orifice - does anyone know which is which? Also, are they interchangeable between all 108 bodies? Thanks in advance!

scubapro108versions.jpg~original

---------- Post added November 20th, 2013 at 06:43 PM ----------

Have just looked down into the valve bodies and both are slotted inside for a standard screwdriver suggesting both are adjustable orifices - now confused :confused:

Are these just different outer valve body designs or are they totally different inside???

---------- Post added November 20th, 2013 at 07:01 PM ----------

Both regs have the same oval shape exhaust ports and same exhaust port sizes

I just checked my vintage schematics and now I get it: it's the part called "demand valve body", #11-080-101 that has 2 male threads: one end screws into the case, the other takes the hose. All of my schematics show the part with a hex nut.

I'm afraid you might need to open them up to see if there's any difference. If you do, please post some pics.

I've got one of those seconds on an mk7.. I didn't know it was considered "vintage".

Whatever's in the Vintage forum must be vintage, right?
:)

Back
Top Bottom