What are these different versions of Scubapro 108???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, isn't the G250V designated as "vintage" (though be it by nomenclature)? Hey, its even been discontinued..... Must be vintage.... :rofl3:

I just checked my vintage schematics and now I get it: it's the part called "demand valve body", #11-080-101 that has 2 male threads: one end screws into the case, the other takes the hose. All of my schematics show the part with a hex nut.

I'm afraid you might need to open them up to see if there's any difference. If you do, please post some pics.

Yes, will do

---------- Post added November 20th, 2013 at 09:13 PM ----------

Think I've found the answer to my original question:

scubapro108versions.jpg~original

The 108 pictured on the right has the original style of demand valve body as seen in the 1976 diagram below:

1081976.jpg~original

The 108 pictured on the left is the later version, the 108 HP (high performance), introduced in 1981.

Can anyone confirm this for definite? Also, what actually is better about the later HP version than the older one?!?

To me, the demand valve body on the right just does not look like a Scubapro product of the 108 time frame. Could it be an aftermarket body or one from another manufacturer? In any case, "if the shoe fits, wear it".

The one with the bigger nut has the adjustable orifice. Easy to see without removing from reg body.

........another difference, early 1008's had a double stacked exhaust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom