What are you thankful for in 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like Nightforce, glad that I am upright and breathing each morning at 71 and am able to dive now and then. Other than that it's that the doctors caught the beginning process of prostate cancer and diabetes at the same time. They've cured up the pc and I am able to control the Type 2 with diet and a couple pills each day. I'm thankful for the days that my old tom cat doesn't puke up his food or a fur ball on the rug, uses his sand box regularly and doesn't try to eat my hand when I try to pet him. I'm thankful that the old lady cook at the local diner has quit tying to get into my pants since she heard about the pc problem. Life's great.

I'm thankful for the wonderful people that this sport (and SB) have brought into my life. My dives, good as they are, would be much less rich if they weren't shared with people like DoubleDip (who doesn't post here much any more) and HBDiveGirl, and Mo2vation, and Dive-aholic and his wife, and KMD and Alwaingold and rhlee and ae3753 and his wife, and Sounder and NWGratefulDiver (to whom I owe more than I can say), and LauraJ and Guy Shockey and nilsdiver and even Peter Guy . . . and many other Puget Sound visitors, or people who have shown me immense kindness and hospitality when I have been traveling. And it isn't going to stop -- in February, I get to meet a whole new crew of SBers in Florida!

Although it wasn't a stellar diving year for me ... and I had to back out on two diving trips that I had very much looked forward to doing ... I still have a lot to be thankful for.

I'm thankful that I was able to resume teaching in July ... and surprised that I had a whole passel of people sign up for classes ... it paid for the engine I suddenly found I had to replace in my car.

I'm thankful for the world's best next-door neighbor, who looks after my place when I'm not home ... even to the point of cutting my grass and sweeping the fir needles out of my driveway. He's the best.

I'm thankful for a job I love doing, the great people I work with, a boss that I admire and respect (and who respects me) ... and all at a salary that not only pays my bills, but supports a pretty healthy scuba addiction. In today's job climate, that alone is worth being thankful for.

I'm thankful to be living in a place where I can dive whenever I want, year round, at a moment's notice ... it always delights, and sometimes surprises me with the critters I get to see.

And most of all I'm thankful for a healthy, dynamic, and thriving dive community ... both locally and around the world. I've met a lot of wonderful and interesting people since I started diving. Notably, this year, I have had the opportunity to get to know and share some diving with Curt Bowen ... the owner of Advanced Diver Magazine. Those two trips were the highlight of my year ... and I'm looking forward to more of the same in 2011 and years to come ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My Kids
Scuba Diving
The progress I have made on my skills (diving)
To have been able to spend more time with family this year than last.
Much Much more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom