What are your reasons for taking up SCUBA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was requested by my other half that we do something together that would involve communication. I picked Scuba so now we just give each other the finger all the time.

It is cheaper than therapy...I think.

I grew up around the water and have always wated to learn to dive. It just took a while to get around to it. So far it is one of the most relaxing things I have done...very cool

I took up diving because i wanted to see the underwater world. I always was into fish and fish tanks. I had initial problems snorkeling and snuba...but now I am an instructor.

It was more of a im not suppose to be here kinda of thing and it has literally changed my life.

People keep asking this but my answer never changes;

I dive because skydiving seemed boring.

Much more to see at 50' then 1500'

SteveDiver:
It was requested by my other half that we do something together that would involve communication. I picked Scuba so now we just give each other the finger all the time.
LOL! As in "going to the surface" sign? :wink:

Well I have several reasons

1) The course was cheap that I went on and sounded cool
2) It's something new to try
3) I want to go into marine animal training or biology so diving is pretty much a must!

I started because my soon-to-be husband was an avid diver and I wanted to spend my honeymoon underwater with him instead of on the beach waiting for him. That was 18 years ago and it is still a blast -- and he is still the best dive buddy I could ask for.

I got divorced, I wanted to see if all the money I spent on her would provide me with a fun hobby.Nneedless to say I started with all top of the line cold water gear. There is one good thing about being single again.

sandman98007:
I got divorced, I wanted to see if all the money I spent on her would provide me with a fun hobby.Nneedless to say I started with all top of the line cold water gear. There is one good thing about being single again.

you got a refund on the money you spent on her?

Back
Top Bottom