What are your reasons for taking up SCUBA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had to, how else could I hang out on scuba board?

Was on the list of things to do before shuffling off
Is an opportunity for my wife and I to so something together
Could afford it...mostly

For me I have always been a sci fi fan and this was a way to visit other worlds, experience weightlessness and even fly.

The best reason I ever heard was from an Italian dive guide in Sharm El Sheikh who said he learned to dive because he always wanted to have sex under water

It's not all it's cracked up to be Doug, the sex part, the rest is great.

wilkie:
Mike Nelson !!
The world is 7/10 water !!
The paridox of water being nessary for life, and being a leading cause of death....
Rock Bueaties.
Ditto that! Mike Nelson (Sea Hunt) and Jacques Cousteau were my idols growing up. :D

Diver Dennis:
It's not all it's cracked up to be Doug, the sex part, the rest is great.

Shhh! Don't disappoint me! I'm still young!:lol:

My Daddy got certified when he was younger, got to travel and do cool things curtesy of the U.S. Army, so after we went to Guatamala, we went to Belize where mom and I got stuck in a classroom (4x4 wood panel room). That same day after we learned the basics, my DM took us into Hol Chan Marine Park, Belize. HOOKED. :sappy: I could fly and see all these amazing fish- it was the closest I've come to ADD. Now I'm AOW and Drysuit, and planning to go as far as I can. I love it.

But I'd rather have ice in my drink than swim in it.

Felt sorry for Larry at Scubatoys so I figured I might as well be able to use all the stuff I buy from him...Really, something I've always wanted to do and finaly got the chance to do it. Should have started this years ago!

John

To hot to play paintball in the summer here in NJ....

It's been something I have always wanted to do, but never had the funds to do it. Now that I can afford it, Im hooked. I try to go out 1 or 2 weekends a month during the summer.

Next thing on my list of things to learn..... Sky Diving!

So I could help Mike fight the bad guys that lurk beneath the surface :wink:

Lloydb_11.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom