What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually I like all my gear so far, but one thing I would change would be buying a bp/w over jacket. Not to say my bc is bad, it actually works quite well, just that bp/w's are so customizable

Ditto. My new BP/W is on it's way :D

Nothing "wrong" with my jacket-style BC, but it is just too different from my diving "roots" (in the '70s) which pre-date jacket BC's, so I as never fully comfortable in a "poodle jacket" :D

How about buying gear before I knew what I'd need for cold water, how about $40 worth of weights that I don't use? How about 2 pairs of rocket fins that don't fit me?

You can say that again ... :)

My snorkel - I hate that stupid thing. Got the "best" thinking it would not be in the way as much as the cheap snorkeling one I had...the expensive one was so much more annoying. Finally just took the stupid thing off since I dive in a quarry. No waves to deal with. Guess I'll have to use it when and if I ever make it to someplace warm :)

Although, considering I am new to this I guess I've got a great shop helping me out if a 50.00 snorkel is all I have to complain about!

Wow! Thank you for all the input. This post will certainly help me in not making some of the same mistakes!

An AL backplate. i thought it would be good for travel, but i find that i'd rather have weight on my back then around my waist.

DUI zipseal dry gloves. Once you put them on the suit, then as soon as you put your arms into the suit you are stuck with gloves on your hands while you put the seal over your head, finish gearing up, put on your hood and mask. Then when you get out of your suit, your hands are trapped inside the gloves while you remove your mask, hood, and attempt to pull the neck seal over your head with these gloves on. Other systems that allow me to put on my dry gloves last are preferred. For now I dive with wet hands, until I buy a new system that is. For the record DUI is looking at adopting one of two other systems that will allow you to put your gloves on last and remove them first.

Back
Top Bottom