What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought two generic Chinese batteries online for my Canon SD 770 IS camera. They would hold the charge for only several shots. Discarded and now stay with Canon batteries.

Adam

I wish I had bought an air-integrated hose computer, as I like technology and you get the tank pressure and computer in one glance.

Adam

UK 1200 light. It's weak, the beam is way too wide and last dive it was leaking. Just bought a Green-force canister light to replace it

My HydroOptix 4.5DD crazy double-dome mask has officially made it onto my list of regrets. Yeah, sure, it corrects my bad vision w/o regard to my prescription. And yeah, it has amazing field of view (saw two mantas the other day way before my dive buddy). But that only works when it's not a) flooded or b) fogged. Which is exceedingly rare. This was an amazingly disappointing purchase, and I urge others not to make the same (expensive) mistake.

Speaking of which, I'm not thrilled with my IST Corona mask either (but it was all that was available to fit me in the sketchy little dive shop in my former home town). I just looked at the pictures my girlfriend took of me over the last week of diving in Saipan, and in every one of them my mask is half-full of water. I do, however, love the prescription inserts made for it by prescriptiondivemasks.com. They did an awesome job; the mask is just junk.

Bah. I just need to get a new, nice mask that fits right and have it prescription-ized (can't use stock factory inserts because of astigmatism).

Can I ask you why you can't use a pistol grip light in cave diving?

Adam

You need to be able to use your hands.

I regret open water certification with IDEA in Canada. This had to be mailed in and renewed every 3 years. I finally solved the problem by getting an Advanced Open Water from SSI which is good for life.

Adam

I regret open water certification with IDEA in Canada. This had to be mailed in and renewed every 3 years. I finally solved the problem by getting an Advanced Open Water from SSI which is good for life.

Adam

Question? I have no idea what IDEA is and where did you get this cert.:questionmark:

Back
Top Bottom