What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM look at the Tusa led.... mag switch with cr123 batts super bright its really underrated on the lumen output. It seems to be closer to 180 lumen than what they advertise at. great little backup

The thing I regret buying would be Ebay use gear. I may have save a lot of money but divers now day are not honest in their postings.

The thing I regret buying would be Ebay use gear. I may have save a lot of money but divers now day are not honest in their postings.

The problem is that most of the postings for scuba gear are from non-divers or people who where divers in the distant past. If you see an ad where someone purchased this in an "estate sale" that means that the BC leaks and the inflator sticks, the regs free flows, and gauges aren't accurate. If you do buy off of ebay, then select gear a dive store is selling or send an email to the poster with questions about the gear. If you get some half-baked answer or no answer then don't bid or bid low. I bought 3 sets of regs from dive stores and they worked well. If you get junk then "re-bay" it and learn from your mistake.

Henderson gold core booties online years ago... they fit but chafe my feet. I believe i have the Oceanic high tops now and they're much more comfy.

I regret buying SCUBA lessons.

Actually, I regret not buying them two years ago. Had I not waited until now, I could be logging my 100th dive, easily. I could have my rescue diver certs and be like most of you and sound like I know what I am talking about.

Jacket BCD... HATED it.. didn't have enough lift, squeezed my chest too much.. I finally repaced it with a Ladyhawk back inflate.. which is great... but the BPW siren song.. :fear:

I loved my Zeta Reg but finally had to give up on it.. just wouldn't stop the freeflowing!

AIRII when my original occy got trashed I got talked into an AIRII for all the usual reasons. Now I have an good reg for an occy but haven't got around to taking the AIRII off.. so I have a redundant redundant:lol:

Had problems with the original Oceanic computer but they have been excellent about replacing it (several times) now I have a Scubapro and the Oceanic is a spare. I stuck it back on for my trip so I have a redundant computer/pressure guage.

When I get back home I will ditch the extra stuff and put it in the spares cupboard again. I guess I would have to say the only piece of gear I totally regret is the BCD.. the rest surved the purpose and are still of value in some circumstances

Don't lament folks.. we never dive with a snorkle either unless we are in Queensland where they REQUIRE you to have a snorkle and SMB to meet safety requirements

I was to put my Tusa split fins on the list as I like my Hollis F1 much better. However they did come handy last night when I was taking my 800yard snorkel test (better than trying to do in F1s!).

two things:
1. rushing out and buying a bunch of gear after a half dozen dives or so (I should have rented for a while, and tried some gear variants - then buy).

2. buying a back inflation BC (a Tusa, although I don't think the brand would have made any difference). The back inflation seemed like a good idea, but just really didn't work well for me. Plus it had nice bells and whistles (weight pockets for example) that just wasn't as easy to work nor as comfortable as I had thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom