What dive op do you use...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from 7 days of diving with Deep Blue, they were fantastic. Sondro and Hector were great as DMs, and Chono was a blast as Capitan. Debra and Jen were very helpful at the office. Fast boats, not crowded, they let us dive our dive, enjoyed the different characteristics of both DMs. Will dive with Deep Blue next trip. Also, have to plug Lorena Lazcano, with Deep Vision....she did a videography for us on our 2 tank dives. It turned out fantastic, we will also do the same next year with her. Deep Blue set us up with her services. I know there are other good ones, but can say that we are very satisfied with Deep Blue.

Since I am going to be staying at Fiesta Americana, would it be easier to book through Dive House?

94GTStang:
Since I am going to be staying at Fiesta Americana, would it be easier to book through Dive House?
Not really, most dive ops will pick you up right at the Fiesta pier.
I have used Dive House in the past and they were a good op, nice people and professional. However their boats aren't the fastest and even though they will group divers based on experience, the boats tend to be a little crowded.

rje634:
Not really, most dive ops will pick you up right at the Fiesta pier.
I have used Dive House in the past and they were a good op, nice people and professional. However their boats aren't the fastest and even though they will group divers based on experience, the boats tend to be a little crowded.
Thanks for letting me know that. I don't want to be in a cattle boat op. It's one thing I can't stand, and that's a lot of people.

I've got some time, so I will keep checking around! Papa Hog's looks pretty great as well.

WOW, I never thought my question would get this many responses. They've all been great.

I've have a lot of catching up to do as I haven't been online much the last few days. Unfortunately for me it was due to the death of my grandmother. :(

94GTStang:
While it might be "easier", I think you would be better off selecting your dive op not on the basis of where their shop is located. You probably want a small boat operator. There are many threads discussing Cozumel dive operators. I have used both www.bluextseadiving.com and www.liquidbluediving.com and either one would be an excellent choice.

We dove with Papa Hogs last Feb and had a great time. Mike and Margaret were great, small fast boats and the Cafe after diving was just what the Dr. ordered.

Ron Brandt:
I drank a few glasses of wine with Alision's mom at a function on "boxing day"......SHE is really cool and fun herself!

Ron

I was supposed to dive with Alision and her mom however, my trip was cancelled. Her mom dives and she is in her late 70's... amazing..

Back
Top Bottom