What do all initials mean :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cherry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok BP, BP with wings, double . I'm just getting over BC :) Now I get the BP means backpack (dont now why I would want to backpack under water :) and the wings must be a rear inflated bladder as opposed to my IST hug ya till you turn blue one ( I know, I know a properly fitted BC shouldn't do that but its a perception rather than real experience) but what are the pros and cons etc:confused:

Cherry once bubbled...
Ok BP, BP with wings, double . I'm just getting over BC :) Now I get the BP means backpack (dont now why I would want to backpack under water :) and the wings must be a rear inflated bladder as opposed to my IST hug ya till you turn blue one ( I know, I know a properly fitted BC shouldn't do that but its a perception rather than real experience) but what are the pros and cons etc:confused:

BP stands for Back Plate not back pack

Do a search for BP and wings on the board you will find your answer in moments

Backplate and wings...a hard plate with webbing run throught it and a "wing" bolted on to it...it's a different BCD from the typical vest/jacket style a lot of people use.

So, you're not ready for sentences along the lines of "so, we were doing deco and I pulled my SPG from my BCD to monitor my SAC....I had a scare and I was breathing my EAN32 faster than normal".

Heh....gotta love diving. Millions of TLA's (three letter acronyms).

Omicron once bubbled...
Backplate and wings...a hard plate with webbing run throught it and a "wing" bolted on to it...it's a different BCD from the typical vest/jacket style a lot of people use.

So, you're not ready for sentences along the lines of "so, we were doing deco and I pulled my SPG from my BCD to monitor my SAC....I had a scare and I was breathing my EAN32 faster than normal".

Heh....gotta love diving. Millions of TLA's (three letter acronyms).

You'll have to excuse Omicron..... Translation:

"so we were doing a decompression dive & I pulled out my submersible pressure gauge from my boyancy compensation device to monitor my strategic air command....I had a scare and I was breathing Enriched Air Nitrogen 32% faster than normal"

:froggy:

to monitor my strategic air command

Why would you want to do this?

SAC... Static air consumption.

That could have been sarcasm too and I missed it.

The guy that goes by the mane Stone on the boards has a site that lists a BUNCH of scuba related acronyms and their meanings.

TwoBit

There are some acronym threads started you may want to check out, I feel your pain...

thethumper once bubbled...

monitor my strategic air command....

:froggy:
To futher muddy the waters, what depth were you diving to make sure you didn't exceed your ppO2 or MOD for EAN32.

thethumper once bubbled...

strategic air command....:froggy:

hahaha...that's funny. I guess a lot of folks won't get that one unless they grew up around military, but my Dad was SAC for awhile, so I get it.

Back
Top Bottom