What do I look for in an SMB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OceanicRocks

Reaction score
I would like to get something that I don't have to clip but rather fit into a zeagle BC pocket... I'm sure you know Zeagle makes a pretty small pocket on thier BC... so somethin that folds flat to 4"x6" would be preferable... So far I have seen the DAN SMB which is nice but it rolls and will not fit into a pocket. any suggestions? thanks

this is my FAV zealge accessory!!!! Zeagle Quick Deploy Deluxe Signal Marker Kit , Accessories-Signaling Devices, Zeagle, Zeagle Quick Deploy Deluxe Signal Marker Kit

i can attach it both to my zeagle tech and my zeagle bpw easily, its out of the way so no danglies but easy to find and it comes complete with spool

i can either orally inflate or use my occy and it seals to hold the air in so once on the surface it doesnt deflate and it also has a auto vavle to purge

i love this so much, by word of mouth alone i think our local Zeagle guy (www.divetub.com.au) keeps selling out of them :D

my 2cs

cheers

I would like to get something that I don't have to clip but rather fit into a zeagle BC pocket... I'm sure you know Zeagle makes a pretty small pocket on thier BC... so somethin that folds flat to 4"x6" would be preferable... So far I have seen the DAN SMB which is nice but it rolls and will not fit into a pocket. any suggestions? thanks

there is a thread out here somewhere about which SMB's fit in the zeagle and dive rite sleeve.

This might not be the exact answer you want, but I think you might find it somewhat useful in your search.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...0216-smb-fit-dive-rite-quick-draw-sleeve.html
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...-help-attaching-smb-bc-please-need-ideas.html

BTW.. I eventually went to surgical-tubing under my BC wing. Works great.

this is my FAV zealge accessory!!!! Zeagle Quick Deploy Deluxe Signal Marker Kit , Accessories-Signaling Devices, Zeagle, Zeagle Quick Deploy Deluxe Signal Marker Kit

i can attach it both to my zeagle tech and my zeagle bpw easily, its out of the way so no danglies but easy to find and it comes complete with spool

i can either orally inflate or use my occy and it seals to hold the air in so once on the surface it doesnt deflate and it also has a auto vavle to purge

i love this so much, by word of mouth alone i think our local Zeagle guy (www.divetub.com.au) keeps selling out of them :D

my 2cs

cheers

man I have seen ou talk about this thing evrywhere :) you must really love it... Perhaps you can clarify something for me... is it a signal type sausage tube that you get with the kit??? zeagles web site does not have a picture of what this thing looks like... I have a zeagle stilletto BC would I still be able to secure it the way its shown in the photo? I did see the signal tube on the site is that the tube you get with the kit? it does look like it tucks right in nice. also how heavy would you say the whole kit is. thanks so much...

yep - i do love it!! even bought hubby one for his rebreather

i just weighted it and its 490grms which is a smidge over 1lbs

its a long signal tube (approx 5ft i guess), yellow on one side and orange on the other with diver below printed on it, it even has a thingy that you can attach a cyloon stick to it if you want. i got the plastic finger spool and the brass snap is included

thats what interested me it in - it was put together with the pouch so i had no excuses not to be prepared

as far as your bc - maybe a quick call to Scubatoys can answer your question aboot attaching it and let us know here for future reference :D

cheers :wavey:

SCUBATOYS dropped thier price on the Zeagle SMB so I could not resist... at $80 how can you go wrong... sold!

Back
Top Bottom