What do most Scuba divers do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whatever it is i'm supposed to being right now, i'm 14 years to retirement.

I guess I'm supposed to ask what can Brown Do For You? but I really just drive the truck and deliver packages. For the most part, it's logistical things people ask for but some women in the area have asked for "other" services.

Actually its the nature of my job that has steered me to scuba diving.
I wanted a sport that meant I was totally out of contact with the human world.
I own a car lot which isn't a cruisy job -If i'm somewhere with cell reception then I'm constantly getting calls.--Kinda hard 30m down in the sea to get a phone call.
Ohh and guys do NOT pipe up and say ohh but you CAN now get an underwater phone. I'll just go NO YOU CAN'T --even if presented with the evidence :rofl3:

Not exactly a starving artist. Not quite starving, not quite an artist.

Bench jeweler, diamond setter, and laser welder. Make and repair precious metal jewelery. It only pays moderately well, but I like making things people enjoy, and fixing things that make people happy.

After nearly 5 years and a BA, I went to a trade school, cause I realized that I liked working with my hands a lot more than pushing paper around a desk. Even after 35 yrs I still find it rewarding, and don't expect I'll ever really retire.

Greetings femalediver I have done many jobs from painting contractor, plastics fabricator, customer service tech., delivery"Truck Diver", warehouse tech., youth pastor, and have not found what I would call perfect.

What I have found is that I love working with people, I love working outside, I love animals "not just cute ones", the secret to life as it has been revealed to me rests in the relationships that we make in this life.
Those relationships have brought more wealth to me than any amount of cash!
Make no mistake I will do whatever it takes to continue to feed my diving obsession.

Diving is not cheap but I have never taken up cheap hobbies and always work accordingly to afford to do what it takes.
If I were ever to become independently wealthy I would continue to work with people in a personal way and dive like there was no tomorrow! Literally and I mean every word!

I am at this time working toward a move to southernly states to place me in short driving distance to Florida, north Florida that is....CAVE COUNTRY!
I am trying to convince my wife and kids and waiting for the right time to cash out here in IN.
My goal is to live in the south and vacation in Michigan during wreck diving season!
I have assisted training divers as a DM but not pursued the instructor route as of yet.
If I could find a way to bounce North in the summer and south in the fall and winter I would be in heaven!
That is the ultimate plan or what I dream about!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Registered Nurse. I work full time for the Dept. of Veterans Affairs (Medical/surgical/oncology) Certified to give chemotherapy. I also have a prn job at a inpatient psych hospital. (Must be a little crazy to fit in!):D

I have a general insurance agency. What I have done is hired and trained excellent staff that I pay very well, about 30% above industry standard. I give them 6 weeks of paid holidays per year. That way I can justify the 12-16 weeks a year that i am off doing my thing.

One day I will hand it over to my associate agent, stay on as a commercial consultant for a nominal salary :) and travel 4-5 months a year.

I really have a blessed life as far as I am concerned.

If your lucky enough you do what you love to do best...dive. How many people can say they have a passion and a love for their work? Get up in the morning looking forward what the day brings?
Granted it's dangerous and no one who dive's for a living really can't say they have never been in a near death situation, but there's something you can't trade in life that people can only dream of. See you underwater!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom