• Knife/Cutters on BC

Votes: 74 67.3%
  • Knife/Cutters on Both

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • I don't need no stinking cutters!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleHall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was wondering what people here carry for cutting.. A knife/or cutters on the leg, on the BC, on both or nothing? I purchased a leg knife, but now I'm thinking about just keeping a set of cutters on my bc and leaving it at that.. Of course when I do Spring/quarry dives, I don't carry anything with me, but when I do my ocean dives, I'm wondering what to take.. Opinions?:huh:

A few thoughts,

You want a back-up in case you drop one.

You want diverse placement in case you are restricted in your movements

At least one item wants to be really good for monofilament, like a line cutter or EMT shears.

They want to be expendable enough that if it drops to the abyss you are not compelled to do something stupid.

Pete

EMT Shears on waistband left of center.

Z Knife on right shoulder of harness.

Mark Vlahos

spectrum:
A few thoughts,
You want a back-up in case you drop one.
You want diverse placement in case you are restricted in your movements
At least one item wants to be really good for monofilament, like a line cutter or EMT shears.
They want to be expendable enough that if it drops to the abyss you are not compelled to do something stupid.
Pete

Good points..
That's why I like this board!!!

The Zeagle utility pocket on the waistband of my Zeagle Stiletto BC has a Zeagle dive tool kit with EMT shears, knife and slate w/pencil. The toolkit is tethered to the ring inside the utility pocket. I mounted the toolkit on the right chest strap of the BC as Zeagle suggests, but when I tried that out in the LDS pool I couldn't see it with my mask and after the dive I discovered some stuff didn't go back in the correct place. So it went back to the pocket on the waistband. My camera also resides there.

I carry a 3' knife on my inflator hose, and EMT shears on my left bc pocket. I am looking into getting something on my left side or leg.

I carry one small knife on my harness at the waist.

Knife on inside right leg and smaller knife on left side of BC.

Cutting impliments:
  • Randall on the inside of my left calf.
  • Carbide bladed wire rope cutter (for cutting wire rope and XBT wire out of props) mounted upside down, on the right, toward the bottom of my tank. Sometimes I ditch this one.
  • Small BC knife, horizontal on the cummerbund.
  • Line cutter on lanyard in pouch on left shoulder strap.
  • Two pair of Paramedic Sheers, one on lanyard in BC pocket and the other in my butt mounted emergency bag.
If it's not on a lanyard (I use those plastic spiral spear gun lanyards) it has a bungie wrist strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom