What do you mean I can't log my practice dives????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just came home from Loreto, Mexico, where we did several days of very good diving. But one of the best dives I did was under one of the piers -- we found three octopuses, a nudibranch species I'd never seen before, some beautiful lobsters, and a whole bunch of other critters. 75 minutes of discovery and photography, with a max depth of 9 feet. You can bet I logged it!

Rather than logging the number of dives I think it more useful the number of hours total time on compressed gas, oh, and actually dubmerged in H2O.

N

I track minutes. Far more impressive.

997 dives = 1,087 hours = 65,220 minutes

:D

You can log any and all of your dives, of course. IMO, especially if you're going into dive leadership though you should have more than just a solid set of skills like mask clearing, etc. You should have experience actually diving in a wide range of environments, different depths, currents, visibility, fresh and salt water, entry and exit areas, and other conditions. These are what will make you a well-rounded diver and better suited to train and supervise other divers in the future.

Back
Top Bottom