What do you pay employees?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What should a dive store manager make per hour?

What do you pay your service techs?

What do you pay your Instructors for teaching open water?

When I owned a facility I paid Instructors $16. hr while in classroom and or pool. OW training dives they get $20. per student ,per dive($80. for all 4 training dives).
If a private course, instructor gets 40% of fee(private ow-class and pool only is $600.+ ow fee for the 4 dives) So for a class of 6 students in a ow course-start to finish an instructor can make about $800.Any less than that and I find that you cannot get a quality instructor.Oh -that would be me :)..
As for Abyss Scuba,the hourly pay should also include travel time to and from pool , packing vehicle with gear,unpacking vehicle,and any gas money if instructor is using their own vehicle.Or a minimmum of $50. if called in to do 1 hr bubblemaker at a pool /classroom that is on site with no packing/driving involved.

Back
Top Bottom