what do you suggest for a mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi scuba divers,

I just ordered scubapro spectra mask and it did not fit well on my face. I'm really sad :-(

The problem is that I have a bigger nose and eyebrows. I felt the mask is really small on my face. I noticed when I inhale, the mask does stay on my face because the air goes through the aria around my nose. I'm sure the mask is small on my big face, eyebrow, and nose because when I put the mask, even if it did not stay on my face, I could not reach my nose to equalize. I guess I need a bigger mask in size.

What do you guys suggest to try on for my case ?

Thank you for your help.

It's pretty much impossible to fit a mask on the Internet. The obvious advice would be to go to your local dive shop and get them to help you fit a mask properly.

Masks and toilet paper...two things in life you don't skimp on :D

Good luck,

Thanks James :)

We only have one local dive shop in the aria and the guy only sell Aqualung products :-(

Thanks anyway

I just got back from the local dive shop and I found out that Aqua Lung Infinity Four Window Mask fits really well on my face.

Do you think Scubapro has anything similar for me ?

I just want to have more options.

Thank you for any help

---------- Post added May 2nd, 2012 at 05:55 PM ----------

I've ordered Dive Rite double lens masks on-line and they seem to fit great. They are good quality and very reasonable compared to other masks and you can return it if it doesn't fit.

Double Lens Rigid Frame Dive Masks - Dive Gear Express

Thank you soooo much my friend. I'm really trying to have a lot of options. I would love to go with scubapro because I have a lot of friends who tried them and they never changed them.

Foe a variety of reasons masks are smaller now than they were a long time ago when scuba divers were fewer and mostly male. I have a big head and correspondingly large face, and most masks are too small, sometimes ridiculously so. The Tusa Visualator fits me wonderfully well. It's too big for the average person, I'd guess. It's available on line from various sources like Leisure Pro and returnable.

What fits well in the store may not work at all in the water. Go to a few shops and try on masks by gently pressing on face. If it forms a slight suction it may fit. Then check for field of view and quality of the lens. I can get almost any mask to form a suction by inhaling as some say - I do not do this. Final check for fit is in a swimming pool in case have to return it.

Check out Seadive masks at DiveGearExpress. My family uses these and I am really impressed with their optical clarity and great fit.

I would say NOT to go with the 4 window mask. Find something low volumn instead, unless it is absolutely the only one that fits you.

And why does it has to be Scubapro? A fit mask is the best mask.

Foe a variety of reasons masks are smaller now than they were a long time ago when scuba divers were fewer and mostly male. I have a big head and correspondingly large face, and most masks are too small, sometimes ridiculously so. The Tusa Visualator fits me wonderfully well. It's too big for the average person, I'd guess. It's available on line from various sources like Leisure Pro and returnable.

I really agree and I have noticed that too. All what I see is just small masks.

---------- Post added May 2nd, 2012 at 06:52 PM ----------

What fits well in the store may not work at all in the water. Go to a few shops and try on masks by gently pressing on face. If it forms a slight suction it may fit. Then check for field of view and quality of the lens. I can get almost any mask to form a suction by inhaling as some say - I do not do this. Final check for fit is in a swimming pool in case have to return it.

Check out Seadive masks at DiveGearExpress. My family uses these and I am really impressed with their optical clarity and great fit.

You are right my friend and for that reason I'm really picky to choose what I really feel comfortable with. The name of scubapro makes me really happy and also all the people around me are using their equipments.

---------- Post added May 2nd, 2012 at 06:56 PM ----------

I would say NOT to go with the 4 window mask. Find something low volumn instead, unless it is absolutely the only one that fits you.

And why does it has to be Scubapro? A fit mask is the best mask.

well it's the only one in the local dive shop that fits on my face :-(

Scubapro is a very well known between the divers in my area and if anything went wrong, It's easy to fix because it's popular. I'm trying to go with Scubapro because all the people around me believes in their equipment and they are really good in what they do.

I hope someone can help me to find a mask from scubapro that works exactly or close to Aqua Lung Infinity Four Window Mask.

Thank you everyone

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom