what do you think of Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman:
Here is their web site, an email to them would get you the answer.
For what it's worth, I really don't see the need for large tanks on Curacao with the possible exception of a few sites. Most of the diving is fairly shallow-30-50 ft so an 80 will last a long time.
http://www.the-dive-bus.com/

I totally agree and many sites have plenty to see at 15-20 feet. As a result, my safety stop oftens ends up being 15 minutes long.

I have not been there, but one of my occasional dive buddies (and instructor for "my" LDS) and his wife went there. They disliked the pollution and the diving, greatly preferring Bonaire over Curacao.

Must have been diving a different section of Curacao than I did. All of my diving has been on the western side of the island. I didn't see any pollution and the diving was some of the best I've done in the Caribbean. Been to Coz, Turks & Caicos, Little Cayman, but not Bonaire.

Guess everyone has different likes and dislikes. That's why I frequently post links to my videos. Let people see for themselves what the diving is like.

Just back from a week long vacation down there. The reef off of the Sea Aquarium was our favorite and as good as most reefs in Bonaire. You don't need to get there by boat - go to the Sea Aquarium's Animal Encounters first and try their shallow, protected dive with big fish, stingrays (no barbsw!), sharks and sea turtles (the latter two are behind plexiglass fencing - they even give you fish to feed them) - then pay the few dollars to dive the reef - absolutely gorgeous. Diving off of Porto Mari beach and the Tugboat dive area were also very nice. We used The Dive Bus folks and enjoyed everything about their operation. We had a couple of significant problems with Ocean Encounters and would never recommend that anyone use them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom