What do you use BC Jacket, BCD Back inflate or BP/W? Take poll.

What do you use BC Jacket, BCD Back inflate or BP/W? Take poll.

• I dive with a jacket BCD

Votes: 111 20.7%
  • I dive with a back inflate BCD

Votes: 195 36.4%
  • I dive with a BP/W

Votes: 229 42.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm diving a Sherwood Avid and it's working out very well for me.

When diving Dry a little more freedom of movement might be nice but when diving wet I'm very comfortable diving the rig.

Virtually any BC has considerable backside air cell capacity so unless you are overweighted or very deep in a heavy wetsuit you are diving essentially "back inflation" no mater what sort of rig you have unless you dive a horse collar or Fenzy!

Be carefull not to compare an ill fitted jacket to a meticulously fitted/configured harness.

Pete

Let me add that at this point the results of the poll mirror a vocal Scuba Board segment, not the diving world in general.

Aluminium backplate/Hog harness with Eclipse 30 or Evolve 40.

Tried a Dive Rite Transpac, but going back to my Zeagle Brigade.

If I had it all to do over again, I might get the Stiletto though due to a better wing and easier travel. I'm a casual, warm water diver by the way. No ice, dry suits, tri-mix or caves for me.

spectrum:
Let me add that at this point the results of the poll mirror a vocal Scuba Board segment, not the diving world in general.

It could also easily be argued that Scubaboard members are among the most well studied, well read, and best informed recreational divers in the market, and their choices in this poll are being accurately represented.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom