Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Back inflation BC only

Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Drysuit only no BC

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwdiver2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I would like to see what people are using for buoyancy. Please vote don’t comment.

I use both Jacket & Back-Inflate BC - that choice isn't there - maybe you could make it so you could select more than 1?

If you start with a backplate and wings, then strap on a couple of weight pockets, a couple of accessory pockets etc..
you end up with a back inflate BC.

I dive a Zeagle Ranger LTD, I love it... when I dive it with doubles I put a backplate on it. and it works as well as and is way more comfortable than my OMS backplate and wings.

Also my Zeagle works way better than the BP & W with a single.

In short a BP & W is just a real stripped down back inflate BC.

My 2 cents

Sean326:
If you start with a backplate and wings, then strap on a couple of weight pockets, a couple of accessory pockets etc..

I dive a Zeagle Ranger LTD, I love it... when I dive it with doubles I put a backplate on it. and it works as well as and is way more comfortable than my OMS backplate and wings.

Also my Zeagle works way better than the BP & W with a single.

My 2 cents

Uh, oh, stirring the pot. :wink: Glad that you have a system that works for you. I happen to use a BP/W, which works much better for me than a normal back inflate BC. To each his own...

Sean326:

Also my Zeagle works way better than the BP & W with a single. [/QUOTE]

Why would you hang all those pockets?

I've owned lots of Zeagles and after trying a bp I've never went back not even with a single tank. Most bc's including the Zeagle don't give many choices for wearing a can light or even backup lights. Not having a belt with clear access is a pain.

Also, with all the d-rings they put on a Ranger or tech they didn't seem to get any of them in the right place.

My 2 cents

yep. Stripped down to what you need after getting rid of what you don't.

MikeFerrara:
Also, with all the d-rings they put on a Ranger or tech they didn't seem to get any of them in the right place.

On my LTD most of the "D" rings are able to slide about 8" to 10" to accommodate diff. gear configs.

I guess thats why they make choc. and van.
I own a nice OMS BP & W setup and I dove it for a few months but I went back to my Ranger. It's way more versatile and comfortable, (In my opinion)

Plus I like diving the same rig all the time, you get real familiar with it. I dove my Ranger LTD under the ice, with doubles, singles, pony's and I take it on vacation to the Caribbean.

Drysuit only, no BC is not quite a valid option, is it? You must mean for UNDERWATER.

I use my drysuit underwater and my back inflated BC on the surface. I don't see that as an option.

Also, is this poll only for drysuit users?

debdiver:
Drysuit only, no BC is not quite a valid option, is it? You must mean for UNDERWATER.

I use my drysuit underwater and my back inflated BC on the surface. I don't see that as an option.

Also, is this poll only for drysuit users?

lots of sidemount divers use the suit only and don't wear a wing.

Many drysuit divers of the old school don’t wear a BC they use their drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom