what do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on whether I have to change in plain sight, if I'll stay in bikini afterwards...

If I make a dive and get to change in the changing rooms after, I wear regular underwear and a bikini top. If I have to take off my suit around others or I will stay without suit for a while after the dive, I wear a full bikini set

If you wear a full body rash guard, is there any reason to wear a speedo as well? Or just go commando with rash guard? Thoughts?

Depending on what you want showing... Underwater certain... outlines (specifically on men) can be more prominent, so some people prefer to wear a layer underneath.

So far, I've always worn a regular bathing suit (I'm not a bikini lass).

But I'm thinking of buying a rash guard to wear it under the wetsuit. There are two reasons; the obvious one is that it would help preventing my getting sunburnt when in the boat before, between and after dives (I'm not much in favour of creams). The second reason is one I'd like to ask your opinion about. Would wearing a rash guard help me put the wetsuit on? Getting dressed for a dive lets me exhausted. I'm not the most deft of individuals, and I've never been able to do so in less than a quarter of an hour, maybe because I'm on the fatty side and my legs and arms are too much for the wetsuit. I wonder whether the neoprene would slip more easily on the rash guard than on my skin.

I find that a rash guard, especially long sleeve one, help a lot getting into a wetsuit

I find that a rash guard, especially long sleeve one, help a lot getting into a wetsuit

Yes that's why I use one. Makes getting the suit on and off much easier.
I’ve never tried a rash guard under my suit, but wondered if it would bunch up without the thumb loops. What are you using?

I’ve never tried a rash guard under my suit, but wondered if it would bunch up without the thumb loops. What are you using?

Just a regular Henderson rash guard. It has loops under your feet to hold the bottom part and thumb loops.

Yes that's why I use one. Makes getting the suit on and off much easier.
Great to know it! I've been offered a long-sleeved Cressi rash guard by a friend who no longer uses it. But I've been browsing to look for trousers, and all I seem to find are shorts.

Bathing suit in summer, nothing in winter (I change in the house).

Back
Top Bottom