What Does Every Human Being Share?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

every human being wants to survive.

Their culture/religion is the best, the people on the other side of the mountain, border, world, have it all wrong.

Well, there's always the fact that we're never really content with what we have (not being all elitist hippy here, I'm never content with my possessions either :D)

Love of bacon.

Or sex.

But usually just bacon.

The only reason "man & community" came together to prosper - alcohol, namely beer, or "brew".

Not one person, just one family, could muster all the necessary resources for a year-round supply. If it wasn't for a few observers seeing deer get drunk on rotting apples, figuring out fermentation then using fire to "kill the bugs", then fire for distillation, we'd still be in the stone-age.

Beer was first discovered when a caveman left his gruel out for too long, natural yeasts drifted onto it, and it fermented into something mildly alcoholic. Ancient man, realizing this was awesome and probably the only awesome thing in his world of grinding labor and mud huts, enthusastically developed beer. Depending on who you ask, the first civilizations were built on beer and inspired writing.

Thus alcohol was the great humanizer, it promoted sharing in many forms, the more "brew" a village had, the more prosperous it became, with the obvious addition of many children.

So sharing, community, smiles & laughter, songs, courtship, planning ahead for the winter...just to have "brew" year-round.

Supporting website for my facts: Beer | Cracked.com

A weakness to fire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom