What does it usually cost to rent diving equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well where I live a daily rental works out at between 1/40 (BC) and 1/60 (Regulator set) of purchase price. If I damage rental gear or it breaks it gets replaced instantly, I don't even need to tote a save-a-dive kit.
By having all my own equipment, I have my initial investment, the extra work to transport it and wash it, the annual maintenance charges, the excess weight baggage charges.
For the moment I still prefer to have my own gear.

The advantage of renting is traveling light. Disadvantages are many. Many places rent bad gear, old gear, barely functioning gears. Test them first, even before you board the boat. Test them again pressurized before the boat leave the dock. And still... I won't dive very deep with them, unless you are comfortable doing a CESA at 100 ft.

Kraken's advice is good. You might want to rent fins at first, if you can rent different types, (paddles, splits, force fins, etc) as your individual body type, kicking style & type of diving will influence your eventual choice.

BTW, don't call it an oxygen tank on this board. You'll die.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom