What equipment have you lost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amphiprion

Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen threads on what new equipment that people have purchased and what equipment people regret buying, but what about those of us who have too many dive bags of equipment and loose things?

I'll start. I believe I have lost:

1. a crotch strap to my bp/w - re adjusting the harness and forgetting where I put it.

2. one spool with a double ended bolt snap and a second double ended bolt snap today.

3. a log book - actually it was ruined by sitting in bilge water for a few months.

4. a cheapo crushed 3 ml wetsuit not designed for diving but used for diving.

yes, but did it log it as a dive ?? :laughing:

BC knives, couple of times :doh:
lesson ... make sure that "lock" on the case ..... really does

I have lost nothing so far, but I have found alot of snorkels...

I've not lost anything. Yet...

Sue has lost her mask (dropped over the side). We went a bit further up current before we entered, rolled off the boat and followed the reef till we found it. She's also lost a weight pouch. She was removing her BCD in the water and unclipped the weights instead of the waist strap.

riffe silencer knife and mask/snorkel that were knocked off my face in heavy surf.

A flashlight. Lost my mask over the side once but found it. Lost my mask in the surf but found it. Lost one fin in surf but found it.

I lose my trauma shears on every dive due to the incredibly badly-designed holder with the velcro flap that always comes undone.

I have a wetsuit that is floating somewhere in the Bahamas. I was on Blackbeard's Cruise a while back and had my suit hanging on the railing with clips to let it dry between dives. Went to put it back on for the next dive and it was gone. Luckily I had a backup suit.

I have two nice lights, with expensive batteries, on the bottom in Raja Ampat, both from the same trip. My bad, both times; don't ask for details. Oh yeah, then my wife left her 3mm vest zipped onto the drying rail on the boat, same trip. :depressed:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom