What equipment should I have before I begin.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To the OP it's not entirely about the gear. That varies depending on the dive and if you are going to solo dive you should be able to figure out roughly what you need (though questions can be asked for refinement, but just a general question strikes me as someone who doesn't have the experience to solo dive). I occassionally do solo dives under piers that are 5m deep. I don't use redundant air most of the time on dives like that. But when I am doing a 30m solo wreck dive, I will use twins.

Personally, I think that one is ready for solo diving when they have experienced a few major catastrophies underwater and they know how they will react when the s*** hits the fan. Most of the time (but not always) people with 25-49 dives have not experienced this. And they also in general do not avoid problems as much as those with more experience, which is another part of what makes one ready for solo diving.

My advice would be to get more experience, before solo diving. I am aware this advice does not go down well when I give it but solo diving is serious business, and not to be taken lightly.

it was a joke.....definitively NOT serious my friends are going through this and tell me everything about it, and i hear it from them too, my response? I say shove it.

Oh and i know all about those dir guys....

I misunderstood, then. A few emoticons might help... :wink: :D

Nah ... I've dived with Curtis ... he's definitely a real diver ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

defiantly real...

but i do spend my share of time on the computer discussing what i believe and learned from other individuals. And the occasional ranting that gets me in trouble.

Well, I'd like to start of apologizing for not posting in awhile. I'v been quiet busy between work and college.

Thank-you everyone for your information, and opinions.All was very useful and brought up a lot of different ideas to think about.
I will become a solo diver,but I dont think that will become my only form of diving.
Even though i truly feel comfortable in the water, my quest as a solo diver wont happen for a little while, i just bought brand new equipment and want to get used to it before I attempt to accomplish such a feat.. Plus a little more experience under my vest truly cant hurt.
Again, thanks to everyone who replied.
:coffee:

My launch into solo diving was first met with being completly comfortable diving with a buddy and knowing the area before hand. Second on the list was equipment redundancy to make me comfortable with the what ifs and knowing the equipment inside and out. Dive your plan. All my dives have been great without incident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom