What fins give good directional control?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishy8411

Contributor
Reaction score
Buying a dry suit and also buying a new set of fins. I used to have a pair of Jet Fins, which I thought were great, but I lost them in a move. Recently I bought a pair of TUSA Xpert Zoom fins, which I will probably never use again.

So, I’m in the market for a new pair of fins. I’m looking for fins, that give good/excellent directional control. I have pretty much decided on SP Jet Fins or SP Split Jet Fins in black, I will probably go with the Jet Fins (I know those will work). But before I make another purchase, after making such a bad decision with the Zooms, I’m wondering if I am missing anything. So…., if you got any feedback, please let me have it.

Thanks

Tom

Jets man, Jets. I would stick with what you have liked in the past. You liked them for a reason. The same reason we all like them.

try the twin speeds instead of the twin jets

I own a set of XL size Jet fins but like my Mares Plana Avanti fins just as well. They track very nicely in the water and work very well with various frog kicks, helicopter turns, etc. They are also relatively cheap and Genesis sells the same fin as the Aquaflex.

My experience with split fins is limited to a couple of demos but the impression they left is that they lack responsiveness to subtle little movements. They seem to require a substantial amount of movement to start developing useable thrust - a little flick of the ankle in tight quarters does not really do the trick like it will with a conventional fin.

"The fins you will see used by dive professionals most all over the world are Mares"

Actually, you'll see dive professionals using every brand and model you can imagine.

The fins this dive professional uses are Jets. IMHO, there is nothing better.

Come on man- you know the answer--it's in your heart--- the Jet Fins

the fins most professionals use is what they sell---

JPBECK:
the fins most professionals use is what they sell---

EXACTLY............Also depends on what your definition of "Dive Professional" is.

Back
Top Bottom