what good deals have you gotten on dive equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about we talk about all the good deals we missed? Yeah never mind I would hate to fall in to a state of depression.

Yeah, I hear ya. I missed a SW Predator and Halcyon 21 w Explorer can light a couple of months ago simply because I was trying to get a better deal when it was already better than 2 for 1. Stupidity happens occasionally. I still kick myself in the arse for that one.

I gave all my gear away a few years ago when I retired from diving due to cancer in the family. Some lucky SB member got a full set of traditional rec gear for $0.

For me, I consider my DRIS BP/W for $300 a deal. I've picked up AL80's out of hydro for $10 each. My TrustFire 1000 off eBay for $35 was a deal.

Out of hydro LP95 for $10.
DUI RS-1050 drysui for $350
My Conshelf XIV set for $90 (I rate them 87/100, scratched & scuffed, but the chrome is all there)

Oh good grief, it's not even fair sometimes. I buy almost all of my gear (other than wetsuits) used.

Let's see DUI TLS350--$200 with new wrist and neck gaskets. (best deal I've gotten so far...)
3 AL80s for $50. (needed hydro and vis though so not an "OMG" price)
A Scubapro Mk10/G250 with OCeanic Omega spare and oceanic console w/computer and Genesis Phantom jacket BC for $325. (Not a great deal but a decent one.)
AMF/Voit MR12 II reg, Seaquest BC, Dacor Reg and Dacor spare, Dive flag, mask and fins, $40
Mares quattro fins, mares mask & snorkel, with bag and other spare accessories $30.
Another 5 or 6 BCs, including a horse collar I converted to be my wing for a total of about $40.
Saekodive mask, fins, snorkel, and bag $20 or $25 new.
Oceanic Veo180 for something like $150 including the "navi" swivel console with compass. I don't remember the exact price but it was here on classifieds and a fair deal if not a fantastic price for me. (Gave the console to my brother and kept the computer for myself.)

$300 on Craigslist got the following used but quality gear. Not the hottest deal ever, but I was satisfied:
-Zeagle Ranger with yellow pockets & about 12lb soft weight
-USD Conshelf SE3
-Oceanic Prodigy computer
-Mares mask
-Old style Impulse snorkel
-USD Blades fins
-Neoprene boots w/felt soles
-2 pair of gloves (one pair was about 50% Aquaseal by weight)
-O'Neill 3/2 full wetsuit

I sent the Ranger bladder off to Zeagle and paid a modest service charge to make sure it was safe to use. They updated the cover attachment and replaced the power inflator internals. The reg needed servicing, and the backup 2nd stage was deadlined for a housing crack. The computer and swivel console were fine, but the compass was useless. $150 in service & parts made it less of a "deal.". After all that, I have decided to go with a hog loop and BP/W. Now my plan is to sell the recently serviced Ranger & Conshelf (not a fan of the hose routing) while keeping the rest for snorkeling.

Last edited:
Barely missed someone giving away two sets of doubled HP100's still in hydro and viz a few months ago. Still kicking myself over that one.

Kristopher

im envious of some of these deals im seeing :O... i thought my NEW packages were a good deal... seems i'll being paying craigslist a visit :)

i got the following for 1800USD

2 x Regulator Bag
2 x Mares Octopus
Mares Abyss 22 Reg
Mares Prestige 12 Reg
Mares Dragon BC
Mares Pegasus BC
Mares Mission Puck 3 Computer Console
Sherwood Insgiht compact console
Mesh Duffel Bag
Wrist Compass

Voit 50 Fathom double hose. Clean condition but aged hoses $10

2 HP PST 100 cylinders and a PST Steel 72 for $110. All passed requalification

32 pounds sea pearls coated weights, Oceanic BC used but nice, dive flag, odd boots, odd fins, $40.

Hollis F1's for $75 shipped. Used only a couple times.

Bare Pro-Tec drysuit with 1 dive on it -- $150
LP72 in Hydro -- $50
Great gear pack-suitcase -- $40

Gotta love Craigslist !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom