what good deals have you gotten on dive equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bullcrew

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
got some good deals and had to tell someone, wifes not into diving so she kind of looks at me with the blank stare lol..

deal #1 was $500
seaquest balance bcd 09, scuba pro twin jet max fins, sherwood insight xomputer console and compass, aqualung legemd lx supreme, mares proton octopus, aqua lung 1st stage

deal #2 $240
zeagle ranger bcd new, jbl custom speargun with 4 tips, xcell wet suit, 3 pairs of boots, kevlar gloves, xs scuba gear bag and snorkel bag, mares quatro xcel fins, aqualung super rocket fins, conshelf 14 conshelf xiv us divers octo mares psi gauge, gear hangers, fin bags, extra lines, weights,
all this stuff has less than 3 dives on it hes deploying and done diving.

all equiptment has been checked most of deal 2 is new a d all of it is certified and checked.

so my total is $740

p4pb8873480.jpg

p4pb8873478.jpg

p4pb8873476.jpg

Last edited:
2 AL80 tanks hardly used (1993 new I think). Online (Kijiji)--$75 for the two.

2 AL80 tanks hardly used (1993 new I think). Online (Kijiji)--$75 for the two.
thats next on my hunt is 2 to 4 tanks, so im looking for catalinas or like quality....

my 5 yr old had to put on a suit and of course man himself with the speargun lol...
looks like weeman with the fit of the wetsuit...

he was my best deal yet, his sister and brother are pretty good deals too although they seem to be less of a deal as they go into teen years...lol-..

p4pb8873493.jpg

Last edited:
2Al 80s and an Al 30 for $50, out of hydro.

We fell over an ad from a guy who had been an instructor and was getting out of diving. He had a whole bunch of gear, and wasn't interested in parting it out, so he offered the whole mess for $350, with the caveat that you had to take it ALL.

For $350, we ended up with:

2 working BCs
3 working regulator sets
A Stahsac dive suitcase
A 19 cf aluminum bottle we use for storing Argon
Several sets of boots and gloves, and several masks, that we keep for students
There was also a pony bottle bracket set, a plastic form to keep polypropylene line, a float to go on that line, and several other miscellaneous bits.

Pretty good purchase. I use one of the BCs in the pool, and we use two of the reg sets as pool regs.

I've got a bunch of g250s paired with various Scubapro 2st stages for like $150-200 bucks, and I once traded a Scubapro r190 for a clear/blue r190. it goes well with my g250 Crystal :)

Other deals include two new DUI 400g undergarment for $80 each, a bunch of al80s with Halcyon stage kits for like 100 bucks, and a Halcyon 13.5Ah 18w light for $500.

Buying used and being patient can REALLY pay off in the long run. I'm always on the prowl for a good deal.

I was at the Dive 2012 show a week or so ago, I picked up a Suunto Vyper air and transmitter for $490.
I was pleased with that.
While I realize some posters on SB don't like suunto, as I dive with a mostly British expat club, almost everyone uses a suunto of one type or another, so it's not a problem.

Catalina AL80 out of hydro for $15. $20 hydro and I vis'd it. Been using it for 8 years without issues.

I picked up a cave divers and his wife's kit that had gotten out of diving a few months ago. duplicate and triplicate of Halcyon everything including 11 tanks, steels/aluminums and 3 ponys, 6 SP reg sets and a Mako scooter for $1400. Retail was $10-12k worth of gear.

I kept what I wanted and I sold the rest. Ended up making a nice profit from it, Pure WIN!

Year before I picked up a 3 diver family kit with 6 new faber LP95's, SP regs, BC's, wetsuits, the whole shebang for $600. Gotta love CL.

I have been buying estate sale kits and individual kits for the last few years off CL. I run an ongoing ad on there and sell a lot of gear to the local divers. Helps fund my addiction.:D

How about we talk about all the good deals we missed? Yeah never mind I would hate to fall in to a state of depression.

My Greenforce LED was a good deal, as was my side mount harness. I had someone give me a Mk15 G250. I was stoked about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom