What happened to the BHB thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkramer

Contributor
Reaction score
:confused: I had posted in the thread inorder to get info on places to stay & info on diving the bridge. I've been checking in each day & today I find the thread has been moved. I clicked on it & now I'm being told I can't have access. What did I do?:idk:

You dared!

Chug
Trolls BHBT usually, but must go to "The Pub" from now on..

Sadly I think all that talk about potlucks got us moved. Here is how to opt in to "The Pub."

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ho...27-how-gain-access-groups-special-forums.html

But I don't think that's where we want to share dive reports and pics. We need to either resurrect the old "Continuing Sagas" thread or start a new one.

Maybe THIS is our new thread?

Okay, I clicked on the link but when I got to the page where you submit your request to join, The Pub isn't listed.

AHA....................Tanks Cave Diver!

Could it be that this was encouraging a "free" dive site instead of charters?:shocked2: If it was about the potluck discussion, was notice given that such change would occur if such discussions continued (as if that really is a valid reason that such a change) . I love this thread (though I admittedly haven't visited in the past week or two - did I miss something about the change?) and am not a happy camper that it is gone or regulated to some back room, subscription only, black hole. It was one of the landmark SB threads. Thank goodness for "Post your funny stuff" and "Denise's own Nonsense" threads.:D

---------- Post added February 27th, 2013 at 06:31 PM ----------

I finally found the thread in "The Pub". This location, as noted by many Pub members, is not the best location for this thread. This thread had nationwide interest. I dive this location every time I'm in WP. NWGratefulDiver had a reasonable approach to this issue - " clean up a few pages, caution whomever needs cautioning and move it back.

:confused: I had posted in the thread inorder to get info on places to stay & info on diving the bridge. I've been checking in each day & today I find the thread has been moved. I clicked on it & now I'm being told I can't have access. What did I do?:idk:
The post count filled up the internet.....:D

I finally found the thread in "The Pub". This location, as noted by many Pub members, is not the best location for this thread. This thread had nationwide interest. I dive this location every time I'm in WP. NWGratefulDiver had a reasonable approach to this issue - " clean up a few pages, caution whomever needs cautioning and move it back.

I haven't had much free time to be online recently, so I have no idea what prompted the move or what all was involved in the decision. I can only surmise that it was moved because a clean up would have been too labor intensive. In an instance like that, options become limited if a thread is going to remain.

If thousands of nudibranch pictures are truly worth seeing, folks will find the thread. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom