What happened to the Scuba Mau boat sinking thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread temporarily closed for clean-up.
View attachment 115180

Several weeks ago, in a thread about diving the bull sharks on the mainland, I cautioned divers to avoid trying to make the crossing in small boats...no matter the weather report. There are many reasons for that and I won't go in them now. But today, a small local boat with a single engine attempted a crossing to see the bull sharks, with paying diver's on board.

Mid channel it sunk leaving all divers and crew in the water, drifting towards Cuba. Fortunately a large yacht finally came across them and no lives were lost.

It is not that making the crossing from Cozumel should not be done, just be VERY careful when choosing a boat and operation to do so.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the Scuba Mau boat accident thread ? I just spent almost 2 hours searching and translating newspaper stories from Spanish to English and lost it all when I hit send (invalid thread). I know the tone of this thread was getting nasty at times (and haven't read what has been posted for the past 2 hours or so), but I'm pretty upset that I've wasted 2 hours of hard work. :shakehead:

I was just getting my popcorn out of the mircowave too....

:popcorn:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Kinda reminds me of the Regan administration, just, "The Good News" but that's OK, it's their play ground, we just get to visit, and that's fine.:D

I'll get the popcorn too next time and let others struggle with Google translations. Looks like I've missed quite a train wreck for the whole thread to have disappeared.

I'm sure we can thank wussopan or whatever his name was for the deletion. The thread was downright nasty at times!

Ann,

When threads are being reviewed by a moderator they disappear until the mods clean them up.

My "Rescue aids" thread was gone as well but is now back.

Thats funny elle I could point you to many many many many threads in which posters are ripping each others heads off that I never posted in. Some very opinionated people here.

You guys will be able to beat up on each other again soon. Your thread was getting too nasty, and the moderators needed time to clean up all of the trashy posts.

A sanitized version will return shortly. Until then... Don't start a new one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom