What happens during PADI instructor exam at PADI HQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eth727

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was curious what events happen during the 2 instructors exam at PADI in rancho santa margarita?

Assuming by "2 instructors exam", you mean 2-day exam:

The PADI Instructor Examination is the same whether it is held in Rancho Santa Margarita or elsewhere. You will be evaluated on what you learned in the IDC, including:
Rescue demonstration
Skills demonstration
Classroom presentation
Pool presentation
Open Water presentation
For most of these you'll be assigned topics or skills, given some time to prepare, then do your presentation for grading.
And you get to take some written exams.

This will be explained in detail during the IDC. If you've done well in your IDC, the IE should not be a worry.

The instructor exams might feel pretty nerve-wrecking but really pretty straight forward. Everyone there at Padi is really calm and helpful, and they want you to succeed. It takes everything you learned from your IDC, AI, and DM courses and roles it up into a "Show me what you learned".

Since you also posted something about taking the DM course...you are a little early to worry about the IDC or exams.

Some argue that you should jump right into the IDC while the DM information and tests are fresh in your mind...I disagree because the entire point for reaching the instructor level is to be able to teach someone from OW to DM. If you are just completing your own DM course...then you know close to nothing about what it really takes or what the job consists of. I do wish Padi changed their requirements to prevent students from jumping directly into the IDC from DM because they are simply too green.

No offense to you personally, but who would you rather learn from? a brand new instructor with little to no experience or someone who has hundreds of dives beneath them? Who do you think has more experience and information?

Don't rush it...take it slow and gain some experience.

Wadedeeper hit it on the head. Experince in all sorts of diving and as a working DM you will gain all sorts of experience. Keep in mind all is well until something goes wrong, are you ready for that one bad moment? WIth experience from several instructors you will gain knowledge from all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom