What Happens when you Take your BCD off at Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let's assume we are out of air. I'd STILL be better off with a regulator in my mouth than nothing, should I black out.

And the studies you posted do not refute that.
If you have your regulator in your mouth your jaws are going to lock up when you blackout, and you are not going to be able to seal your mouth. The water doesn't always come through the snorkel, it is a drowning hazard because it is an obstruction.

Let's say you guys are right, now you are gonna suffocate cause you got this regulator in your mouth that you can't get air out of.

Let's say you guys are right, now you are gonna suffocate cause you got this regulator in your mouth that you can't get air out of.

As opposed to, not having a regulator in your mouth and breathing air from the water like a fish?

No you can't get air from your reg and you are face down dude, flooding your lungs. If nothing was in your mouth and you were face down you probably wouldn't breathe, at least for a bit.

As opposed to face down in the water with no regulator in your mouth, and breathing what exactly?

You will not breathe!!! At least not until your mammalian reflex kicks in, hopefully you will be awake before then. Takes about 60 seconds.

Or I could end up blacked out on my back breathing fine!

Only if your prayers are answered.

Better than being face down with your BCD inflated to the max.

You need to take up golf.

Or writing disjointed murder mystery conspiracy accident novels.

I am a bogey golfer, thanks.

I hope you learned a few things today @caruso unfortunately right now I am out of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom