What have you seen underwater that you'll never forget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5 of us, resting on our tanks on the sand, looking up at 13 manta's feeding at the surface...
second best...a 6' bull swimming between my buddy and i...nearly swallowed the reg when i saw it...

Zippsy:
I hate you :p

I know it hurts...but what to do.... Newbie luck :54:

Well....*hint* you may want to try your luck at Rayner Rock, Aur or
Tioman lebas now since the season just started :p

There are a couple of things.

First, we had an 8 foot bull shark messing with us while we were spearfishing last summer. My buddy shot an amberjack that probably weighed 30lbs. He was pulling in the spear, with the fish still attached and the shark came out of nowhere and snatched the fish and spear. Good thing the line broke or he would have lost his gun too.

Second was a 6 foot green moray that we saw diving off Key Largo last year. Truly a beautiful animal!

One of my WOW moments was a cavern dive in Hole In Wall cave in Marriana Florida. You have to go through a bit of a restriction, but then it just opens up and you swim over a huge well that goes straight down and your light cant shine to the bottom. Turns out it wasnt as deep as I thought, but it was still pretty cool. In fact, most of the caves Ive been in that just open up into a large are are pretty cool moments. Something about being in a huge chamber filled with water.

It may be a standard reply but Blue Corner Palau.

One Dive:

We dropped down to about 80' amid schools of Trevaly and jacks. As we approached the reefline at 55' I noticed a green anenome with clownfish :bounce: After hooking into the reef and hanging in the current like a kite we watched six to eight gray reef sharks crusing by. In a small depression behind us was a Napoleon Wrasse posing for pictures. While observing the sharks 5 feet away I noticed movement on the reef below me and was surprised to see a small octopus (about 8 inches across) crawling across the reef. On the other side of a small hump to my right was a red anenome with clownfish and further off to the right were the Pyramid Butterfly fish. After unhooking and drifting off the reef we came upon a school of barracuda that was about 15' around and 20' high. What a dive.

Back on the boat Kendyll, the divemaster, commented that this was Just another boring dive at Blue Corner. She was obviously joking but you will see the sharks, the butterfly fish, the barracuda and the Napoleon Wrass on most dives at Blue Corner.

A Snowflake Moray eel eating a smaller fish and swimming across Haps reef in Guam at night was a pretty cool dive as well

ItsMandy227:
I'm sorry I can't resist.....what is a Warhammer Maneuver???

Please, resist. You may not want to hear the answer.

love2godeep:
flw, in what part of the UK do you see sights like these????

Shetland Isles - since no-one ever knows where we are, its a set of islands 100 miles N of the N end of Scotland, roughly 60N 0W - head past Scapa Flow and carry on northwards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom