What have you seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The marlin skeleton in Turtle Cave - Sipadan Island, Malaysia.

My gf doing a blacked out mask wreck penetration exit like a champ her first try was pretty close, though.

A finned grey reef shark. He had a hook and leader hanging from his mouth and he was missing his dorsal fin. It didn't seem to slow him down but I was very careful not to get in his way just in case he held a grudge.

Had four big humpbacks each the size of a bus glide quietly past about ten metres away, two on either side while freediving in about 15 m of water.

Not quite the same as seeing one underwater but had an Australian navy submarine go past on the way home from a dive. Our charter boat had to stop while we waited for it to pass. Sub.jpg

Either Calimba or Dark Side of the Moon/Pet Cemetery, caves in Mexico.

Grass porgy photographed on Bonaire; not supposed to be there.
An unnamed goby, now known as the Caribbean neon goby, photographed on Belize.
My wife being absorbed then disgorged by a baitball of thousands of bigeye scad.

Hard to top that. Where was this, and how did you recognize it as a nuclear submarine?

Living and diving on Guam my entire life. The navy could exit the harbor without calling the harbor master so we never knew when they would be heading out to sea but often saw them leave. On one occasion I was working on the navy channel side of a reef only about 30ft down and could very clearly see and hear the sub go by. At times I worked diving in the Navy harbor and saw subs surfaced at dock as well as other American warships but only once saw the sub cruising underwater. As far as knowing which has nuclear missles, I don't. I just assumed they all did. Adventure-Ocean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom