What haven't you forgotten?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't forget a lot, but sometimes I do. Here's the weirdest:

I went for a shore dive at Three Tables on Oahu's North Shore. When we returned after finishing the dive, I noticed that I had left my car door wide open (I did it - it wasn't broken into). It was still open, lots of folks around, and nothing was touched. My purse was in the car.

Once my buddy forgot her fins (we were, again, on the North Shore). I loaned her my fins and I used my small rubber snorkel fins that I kept in the car. They worked just fine for this easy dive.

My typical item to forget is my compass. I use a Suunto on a retractor, when I switch between one BC and the other, it often gets forgotten. I now carry a cheap spare in my SDK.
:monkeydan

I once showed up for a beach night dive to catch lobster without a bc and/or backpack. It was kinda rough but I went for it anyway. I just grabbed the tank by the valve and hoped for the best. Although when I spotted a lobster I had to use 2 hands to grab it and hold the light between my knees and kept attached to my tank by my teeth. Of course this was shallow dive (25 feet max) and the visibility was only about 5 feet so my buddy and I just split up.

The best part of the dive was afterwards when I got to see how mad my buddy was when he saw that I had more bugs than him.

Oh, Yeah, well, one time, I forgot my fins and my regulator, so I had to make new fins out of leftover coconut shells, and then suck the air out of the tank with a straw. Oh, and then a shark came by and stole my straw, and then, in band camp...

Sorry, I amuse myself. It seems I always forget air whenever I have a pool session planned. Then I remember the night before, but I don't have time to get to the shop, so I have to bring a crossover, and beg other folks to let me bum some air offa them.

I also forgot my srist mount computer on the boat once, and had the same computer get accidently set to 98%O2 for a dive.

Tom

Whenever I don´t pack everything the night before a dive, I forget something. I am not a morning person...

I´ve jumped in with my DS unzipped, without fins, weights, air turned off, can-light disconnected etc...

I also forgot my divecomp for a dive in the phillipines last year. That was actually a positive as I got "proof" that I could do a whole dive and be fairly accurate for both depth and time just by looking at my spg thruout the dive...

As a fairly new diver I forgot one integrated weight-pouch, I was lopsided but figured they had just "slid around"...I still had no problem staying down....halved my weight-requirements in one dive, which was nice...

There is a silver-lining :D

Fogot my fins under the shelf - remembered them as I was halfway to the water in a giant stride off the back of the boat - in current. They heard "oh sh..." as I was going down, but I managed to twist in the air and grab the back of the swim grid as I went in - graceful it was not!

dumpsterDiver:
I once showed up for a beach night dive to catch lobster without a bc and/or backpack. It was kinda rough but I went for it anyway. I just grabbed the tank by the valve and hoped for the best. Although when I spotted a lobster I had to use 2 hands to grab it and hold the light between my knees and kept attached to my tank by my teeth. Of course this was shallow dive (25 feet max) and the visibility was only about 5 feet so my buddy and I just split up.

The best part of the dive was afterwards when I got to see how mad my buddy was when he saw that I had more bugs than him.

Why are people so intent on killing themselves in the pursuit of lobster? What are lobsters full of, diamonds?

I don't view that dive as dangerous since it was so shallow but I would have been bummed to loose a tank and regulator in bad vis. I used to sell lobsters, and the money was actually pretty important to me at the time.

A couple of times I haven't forgotten my lens cap. Unfortunately that is a bad thing once you are in the water...:shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom