What I LIKE About My LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm very new to diving, but think that I've been treated fairly by my LDS. I purchased some highly priced things, but I had the money, I know it won't be sitting my closet collecting dust. They didn't push it, either. I'm trying to sample other LDSs in my area and am looking for clubs too.

P.S. What's a VIP or vis?

A VIP means they visually inspect the inside of the tank. There are a number of problems they look for. Tanks get a VIP once per year, or any time they're brought in empty.

Although I don't always like the pricing my LDS charges on some items, the owner and folks who work there are pretty cool people. I still find that I can't walk out without dropping some type of coin.

Joe

My LDS is awesome!!! Everyone there is very funny and great to talk to, and they make their number one priority no secret - they love diving!!! They cut discounts wherever they can for those of us who love to dive. What I also love is they try very hard to work with anyone as well as try very hard to make relationships with their customers. Prices are fair and they carry brands that they themselves would dive with. Great LDS!

My LDS is great too. Dudas Diving Duds in West Chester, PA. Been around since forever (the 60's) and don't really care where you buy you gear. They have good prices (not as good as the internet) and will give discounts. The people there are knowledgeable and friendly.

Here is a post I can warm up to. I get a little tired of the constant LDS bashing, which I think is counterproductive and mostly just a group rant.

The LDS that I frequent is pretty good. They have a large selection of merchandise on hand, a knowledgeable staff, and a great training facility. Their prices are competitive and will price match any LDS within 50 miles. They won’t match an Internet site but their prices are generally close. If you are willing to wait for sales then their prices are typically better than Internet pricing.

Also, I’ve never seen them cancel a class regardless of how small the class is but I have seen them add a class on demand. For example, my OW course consisted of my daughter and me with one instructor and one assistant instructor. In essence, we had private instruction as group pricing! Clearly no one made any money on that class. Also, my Nitrox class they scheduled at the last minute so my daughter and I could take along with our AOW – again, a class of two.

I think they do an excellent job of balancing retail and service since to be successful they must do each well.

Finally, since most people are reluctant to publicly identify poor LDS’s (a good thing) perhaps we could identify those that are superior somewhere on scubaboard.com. The only way an LDS could be listed is by a scubaboard member nominating them and having several others endorse it. If this were to catch on then perhaps it would serve to motivate a poor performing LDS’s to get their act together. Any thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom