What I LIKE About My LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taylode:
Also, I’ve never seen them cancel a class regardless of how small the class is but I have seen them add a class on demand.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that as well. My wife signed up for a class and there was a total of three people in it. She needed to reschedule a few classes and the instructor made gladly met with her individually on a few occassions. I went to one of her final classes and this guy was great. Patient, full of encouragement, knew everything about diving.

We dove with him since then and he was always giving of his time and expertise and just a lot of fun to be around. Thanks Steve.

Reading positive comments just makes me feel better all over. Do you feel the calmness?

Thanks Wayward Son!!!

My LDS is great! I'd recommend them to anyone.

Why? They know my name when I walk in the door. They're easy to do business with. They're a welll managed shop. The staff is knowledgable and helpful.

i like the fact that i know where my hubby is and what he is doing in his free time.

He is at his LDS - and thats what i like about our LDS.

When I had a piece of defective equipment, my dive shop apologized, and immediately got me a refund without question, and thanked me for not shooting their computer (the battery died and it proceeded to beep for six hours before I ran to a dive shop in Monterey and said "DO SOMETHING!! I'LL PAY ANYTHING!")

I've actually had pretty good luck with dive shops lately. My LDS is absolutely fabulous, staffed by enthusiastic, friendly people, and the dive shops in Monterey are great. MBDC in particular keeps helping me out, including taking out that infernal battery for free, checking when the secondary o-ring in my tank screwed up, and generally helping me out with my multitude of equipment problems.

In return, I've bought about half the books they have in the store. They have all the good nudi books. :wink: Oh, and those cool A/O Yoga pants. SOO comfortable.

pants!:

I bought one of these EtherFill 5000's and had a little trouble with it.
It just seemed way to slow of a way to fill a tank. It was very
frustrating..... It took forever!

They have 7x24 Tech Support and I called their Tech-Support number and
the tech said the slowness was caused by my slower 56k dial up modem
connection to the internet and slow speeds downloading the air fill....

I upgraded and got a cable modem at 1.5mbps and can now fill
my tank with my EtherFill 5000 in "no time at all". It's great!

Thanks EtherFill 5000 !!!!

I can think of 3 shops I've used around here in the distant past that had fundamental issues of one sort or another and all 3 are long since out of business, including the one I got certified through. But I've actually gotten great service and no problems from all the other shops I've used around here for the last 15 years. Never any pressure to buy anything or a care where I bought my gear. Spend lots of time trying to find me the perfect BC no problem. Try their rental BCs in the pool when they've got it rented for a class to figure what I want to buy - sure grab a tank have fun see you later. Get those busted lights fixed that I don't think I even bought there, sure they sent them back to the manufacturer for me. Service gear in time for a trip, yep. (Don't screw it up so I have to get it fixed in some remote location later, also good.) Spend a long time trying to fix an inflator before giving up and regretfully telling me they can't do it and need to replace (twice - and one shop replaced it with an almost new one from their parts bin, from the same type BC that had died a different death, and charged me $5 for the whole effort.) There's an occasional glitch like with anything, but I can't really complain too much.

How do I love my LDS? Let me count the ways...

- Remembered me (and my name) after a 10 yr absence from diving after getting certified at their shop.

- They built an indoor heated pool at their new facility just for me, so my re-certification would be more comfortable. Well, I like to think so.

- After purchasing my mask for OW class, I discovered a bad leak. The owner let me walk up after every class and try a different mask in the water next time. I eventually found one that worked right and they swapped them out despite all the use.

- I went in to look at their wrist mount compass, planning to buy it. They didn't have any in stock, so the owner gave me a rental one to use until they got more often. Free of charge.

- They know they can't beat internet prices so they offer amazing deals in other ways. If you purchase a complete system (BC, reg and computer) and later to decide to upgrade, you can trade them in for the retail price you paid. Also a free AL80 tank when you purchase a 50 fill card. They even throw in special deals just for reading the newsletter and mentioning it.

- They have a dive fest every month at the quarry with free food and friends galore.

- Even after deciding to go with a BP/Wing and a different brand reg than what they sell, they still treat me nicely. Never heard an internet lecture either, except for a small blurb they have on their website. Which isn't that bad anyway.

I just get an overall feeling that I'm not a walking wallet to them but a dive friend. That makes me happy, and happy makes me spend money. It's a win/win for every one.

The best thing, about the LDS I give my business, is that the owner knows me after not stepping foot in his shop for over a year. He knows me by name. He is willing to give his opinion on other gear that he doesn't carry but will give an insightful opinion (whether or not it he would use it) and not pressure me to buy anything in the store. He helped me figure out what the real differences between regulators were besides $$$$$.

Back
Top Bottom