What is Cetus Drysuit made out of?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimmyEis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
was wondering what kind of neoprene the Cetus drysuit is made out of.

Your website states:

Draco: 3,5mm Special Hi-Dense neoprene with SD Toughtex lining

Sedena: Laminated Spantex Lycra nylon coating on the 3,5mm HEIWA Hi-Dense Neoprene

but it doesn't say what the Cetus drysuit is made out of.

Also what does HEIWA stand for?

Seems like soooo many types of neoprene crushed, compressed Hi-Dense, etc....just trying to understand pros and cons.

thanks

James

JimmyEis, I suspect HQ is preparing a detailed response, but here is my breif understanding.

Heiwa is a manufacturer of high quality neoprene.

The Draco ($2,323.23) uses a high desity, micro cell, HEIWA Toughtex coated neoprene, which is arguably the best, but most expensive neoprenes. It also has features above what the Sedena offers.

The Sedena ($1,977.89), uses a high density HEIWA Lycra coated neoprene, which offers excellent performance and a little savings. Offered in 11 men's sizes & 10 women's sizes.

The Cetus ($1,436.93), is marketed as a rental suit, uses DURATEX coating to make it extremly durable. The Cetus is offered in S-XXL for men & XS-XL for women.

Ultimately I recommend you look at these in person and incourage you to compare our suits side-by-side with the competition.

Thanks for the response.

What I am really curious about is the Cetus high density neoprene also or just regular neoprene?

thanks

Well, it depends on your reference point...

Compared to the Draco and Sedena, i would say the Cetus is medium density.

Compared to some other brands, it is a high density.

The trouble is the are no "Desity Police", and each manufacturer gets to label their product as they wish. Any suit can look good on paper, Waterproof tests their suits in the Artic and Anartic waters.

If you don't get the response you need feel free to PM.

I have the Draco and let me say it is a AWSOM Suit.
WaterProof is top knotch in Dry and Wet suits.

Back
Top Bottom