What is Tank and Fin wax?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the needed accessory for 100 feet of flight line is 200 feet of shore line and a pair of coast guard cutters to cut it all. I also have sent people out on the deck in front of the wheelhouse with a spatula and aluminum foil to calibrate the radars. That or if a lookout was getting on my nerves I would tell them to keep an eye out for the mail buoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi!

I was browsing through different lists of items for a Save a Dive kit and encountered a thing called "Tank and Fin Wax". Tried to google but didn't find any explanations. Do you know what it is? I have wax for dry suit zippers and gloves, but - should I wax also fins and tanks?:confused:

Thanks!

J.
I think the answer to "what is tank and fin wax" is;

A SCAM :eek:

My supervisor when he was n dang was asked to get some elbow grease. After going out for a while and asking around he came back with a tube of ky jelly and told them sorry they were out but this is an approved alternative.

In the Boy Scouts at large gatherings we use to send newbes to other camps for a smoke shifter or bacon stretcher. Almost everyone was in on it and you would tell them you let the next camp over use it. Off they would head to the next camp over.

I've known people be sent to stores for long stands, left-handed screwdrivers and verbal agreement forms.

I've challenged people to a game of pool on the ferry to Orkney and sent them to book the table.

We used to send FNGs out for a box of grid squares, or as a medic, 10 metres of fallopian tubing. Usually kept them out of our (short) hair for a while...

"Private, go ask the First Sergeant for the prick-e-nine and a box of goddamn fallopian tubes. And make sure you have the chemlight chargers packed in the FLA. Go get 'em from supply. GO!"

There were a couple of joinery contractors that used to do a lot of work at the university I worked at. One of them told me a story about a place he used to work at. They had a boss who they all hated but he used to think he was one of the lads. One of them went into his office and told him they wanted to wind the apprentice up by sending him out for some made up crap.

The boss loved it and told him he would send the lad out. Five minutes later, he went outside and wandered up to the apprentice. He pulled out a £20 note, handed it to him and told him to go to the builder's yard for a tin of tartan paint. The apprentice went off as the others tried to keep straight faces.

What the boss didn't know was the apprentice was actually in on the joke. He pissed off for the morning and came back a minute before dinner time. He dropped a tin on his desk that they had got out of the store room and re-labelled 'Tartan Paint' and slaps £2 on the desk saying "Sorry! It was a bit expensive 'cause they said in the shop it was a c**t to mix!" and quickly dashed to the pub with the others and bought the beers out of the £18.

In the Air force, in addition to flight line, we would send Airmen all over the line looking for a bucket of prop wash.

The new plane mechanic who is asked to get a gallon of prop wash from stores.

In the armored Cavalry we sent newbies to the motor pool to check out an adjustable metric wrench when we were working on our APC's....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom