What is the best and lightest BC for traveling? Cressi Travelite??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok. Apparently I am an idiot. Say what??

I looked up the manufacturer and the back plate and the type. It seems they build you a BC. I only have 100 dives so this may be way to advanced for me.

You ask about BCD here, you're guaranteed to get "BP&W" back. If you don't already know you'll like it, I wouldn't recommend it until you try one. Same goes for back-inflates like Zeagle Covert. But you should try one, you might like it.

Edit: on second thought, I am an idiot: Ladyhawk is a back-inflate so if you liked that, you shouldn't have a problem with a BP&W. It's just that the plate, straps, and the aircell come as separate pieces instead of being all sewn together, that's really all the difference.

Last edited:
Ok. Apparently I am an idiot. Say what??

I looked up the manufacturer and the back plate and the type. It seems they build you a BC. I only have 100 dives so this may be way to advanced for me.

It's important that it be smaller, lighter as well as well as collapsible
You're not an idiot. Call them, the owner (@cool_hardware52) is on this site frequently, and will answer questions honestly. A backplate and wing will collapse to be a very thin package, so perfectly meets your needs.

Zeagle's Covert is 3.9lbs. Also rolls up for travel yet has a pretty complete jacket and a velcro-style weight integration system.

Aqualung also sells a Lady Zuma but I believe the only difference is the accent color - they're about 4.75 lbs and as mentioned fit in the provided drawstring bag.

Another option is the Scubapro Lighthawk - they weigh 4.8-5 lbs. vs 8lbs. for your Ladyhawk.

A Cressit Travelight is a Jacket model, you may not like it as much after using your Ladyhawk back-inflate.
Cressi also sells a Women's Ultralight which is back-inflate - it weighs 4.6lbs.

add the price of a pocket kit to the price of a bp/w if you want those. DGX has some options.

Last edited:
If you decide to go in the direction of a Covert or other bcd, give the folks at Leisure Pro to see what they can do for you as far as discounts and special pricing. When I bought my Covert from them, a simple phone call saved me a bunch of money. Good luck and have fun with whatever you decide to buy.

I too am a vacation diver. I dive a Zeagle Zena. It's only 6.2 lbs. Very easy to pack.

I have a carry on I got from Target 5 years ago for $15.00 that can fit everything but my wet suit and fins. I can actually get my fins in but they are just a tad too long so I pack them in my checked luggage.

I looked at the Scubapro line but the BC's were much heavier.

I looked at the Scubapro line but the BC's were much heavier.

Scubapro Litehawk weighs about 5lbs - really nice travel BC.

You ask about BCD here, you're guaranteed to get "BP&W" back. If you don't already know you'll like it, I wouldn't recommend it until you try one. Same goes for back-inflates like Zeagle Covert. But you should try one, you might like it.

Edit: on second thought, I am an idiot: Ladyhawk is a back-inflate so if you liked that, you shouldn't have a problem with a BP&W. It's just that the plate, straps, and the aircell come as separate pieces instead of being all sewn together, that's really all the difference.

Thank you so much for clearing that up a bit for me. What is the BP in BP&W (I am assuming W is for wings??) Does not having it all sewn together mean it is smaller?

Thank you so much for clearing that up a bit for me. What is the BP in BP&W (I am assuming W is for wings??) Does not having it all sewn together mean it is smaller?
BP = Back Plate. It provides the rigid structure to back mount a tank. If you get one that's plastic, the system is quite light. Not as light as sidemount, but light.

OH OH OH...duh I just figured it out I think... Back plate and wings??
And why does everyone here seem to prefer them?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom