What is the best BCD (any price range)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And the consensus? Zeagle!

I personally like the Zeagle Brigade it is the best of both worlds light weight and packs well but still has all the bells like SS D-rings, trim weight and Zeagles patented rip cord weight release system!

Let us know if we can help!

Thanks

Joe

Zeagle, Oceanic, and Scuba Pro all make great BCD's. I'm reluctant to call any one the best, because what may be the "best" fit for you may not be for someone else. I dive the Oceanic Expedition and really like the fit, stream-lining, integrated weights, and how well it folds up into my gear bag. The inflator took a little getting used to because I was used to the larger Scuba Pro inflator but it's second-nature to me now. My advice is to check out as many as you can to make the best decision.

DiveDownDeep:
I have a Mares HUB.
I bought it as a open water newbie...
I have had no problems with it, except it's WEIGHT!

Now i want to replace it, and i am lost in a sea of BCD's

I have never used a back inflated BC, only jacket style.
As i am overweight, i think the jacket will keep me more comfortable at the surface.

So can i have a massive flood of opinions on whats the BEST BCD ON EARTH!

Your question is sort of like asking "What is the best Car?"

The answer is "it depends." Yet for a warm water diver I'll say a Zeagle (sans hard plate) or a DiveRite Transpac. Pretty much a toss up between those two in my opinion although they are substantially different.

MSilvia:
The best for what?

I think trying to use reason and logic to answer these types of post is not very productive :)

:popcorn:

bubble-head:
Zeagle, Oceanic, and Scuba Pro all make great BCD's. I'm reluctant to call any one the best, because what may be the "best" fit for you may not be for someone else. I dive the Oceanic Expedition and really like the fit, stream-lining, integrated weights, and how well it folds up into my gear bag. The inflator took a little getting used to because I was used to the larger Scuba Pro inflator but it's second-nature to me now. My advice is to check out as many as you can to make the best decision.

Solid thinking, If I could only add one thing, You left out SeaQuest. :D

I was thinking of picking up a BC for travel diving, Cheekymonkey. I read some good things about the Tortuga. Don't know anyone who's ever dove one, though. Thanks.

MAKI,

I dive a Sherwood Tortuga and like it. I bought it mostly as it was a close-out steal. I took it with me to Cozumel recently and it packs fairly well. No complaints with it, it's comfortable, fits well, very little shifting or trapping of air that can mess with trim. That said, I want to dive a BP/W just to see what I am missing.

Back
Top Bottom