What is the best BCD (any price range)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Pro Glide Plus. Tried a bunch but like the Glide Plus best.

I was thinking of picking up a BC for travel diving, Cheekymonkey. I read some good things about the Tortuga. Don't know anyone who's ever dove one, though. Thanks.

The one I own :confused:

I vote or DSS BP/W but everyone has different needs.
I have a Scubapro Glide plus and it looks like a good BC, never used it. Its a medium so its too small.
It is for sale, used!

My wife has a cheap Mares and loves it, built like a battleship.

Go check a bunch out! Maybe rent a few and see what feels right to you.
Try a wing if you can, you may fall in love:love:

I have 2 Halcyon Plates, an AL and a SS and a doubles wing.
I also have a DSS single setup with a 40# wing.
The Halcyon plates stay in the closet.
My wife wants to try one so I may have to break down and set her up a single rig.

Happy Hunting
Scooter

Oceanic does not make the Chute II anymore, so I would probably go with the Islander or the Zeagle Stiletto. Both work really well.

The Knighthawk is somewhat travel friendly.

@divedown: you've probably already noticed that SB is BP/W/BAckinflate country...

i never heard of a "bp/w" until i got on here... got to try it during my rescue course from my instructor (i was renting all before then) and LOVED IT... i'm way overweight too and i've dropped my belt entirely when i dive in rashies/ skins... just have 4 tiny pounds when i go with a fresh 3mm...

give the bp/w a try... it will put your hub to shame

Jag

ah now that people posted it I think the nighthawk may have been what the dive shop I DM'ed with used for rentals, if it was then I like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom