What is the best wide-angle lens for Canon S95+WP-DC38

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am using the LD>67mm adapter to mount the WA110 from bluewater....i also ordered the dyron 67mm adapter but i plan to use a subsee diopter with it as well. i like the inon stuff but, like a lot of folks on here, i am a "gear huer"

Why did you not get the Inon UWLH100 28 LD if you already have the adapter? I am afraid with another adapter on top of the Inon LD mount your lens could vignette and those additional 10 degrees that you are supposed to get will go away. Plus there is no future options for a dome extension to take the lens to 145 degrees and near to a real fish eye.
Even if expensive the Inon lenses are the best from a quality and sharpness point of view and the worldwide service means that if you get the lens scratched you can get it repaired and comes back as new

i am using the LD>67mm adapter to mount the WA110 from bluewater....i also ordered the dyron 67mm adapter but i plan to use a subsee diopter with it as well. i like the inon stuff but, like a lot of folks on here, i am a "gear huer"

Myself, I'm buying the Inon UWLH100 28 LD. It seems that except for Epoque (which is 67 mm mounted) all other lenses have acrylic or polycarbonate domes. This is not the same quality and they must scratch easily.
It is funny but seems that the best prices for this lens in Europe are in German speaking countries: unterwasserkamera.at and uw-fotopartner.com.

i plan to use the WA110 with my ikelite housing so that way i am using no adapters or fittings when using my WA lens. i saw how the space created by the mount can cause vignetting by itself and i read that the UWLH10028LD has noticeable vignetting with the S100 anyway.

Why did you not get the Inon UWLH100 28 LD if you already have the adapter? I am afraid with another adapter on top of the Inon LD mount your lens could vignette and those additional 10 degrees that you are supposed to get will go away. Plus there is no future options for a dome extension to take the lens to 145 degrees and near to a real fish eye.
Even if expensive the Inon lenses are the best from a quality and sharpness point of view and the worldwide service means that if you get the lens scratched you can get it repaired and comes back as new

Sorry chile7236 I misunderstood I thought you had a canon housing hence suggestion for LD mount lens

with an ikelite housing and 67M thread I would go for an Inon UWL100H 28M67 so that you can add a dome port later, any lens Epoque DCL30 or the one from Bluewater will vignette at 24mm you will need to zoom to 28mm. But things get really interesting only when you have a semifisheye so going over 140 degrees is definitely a target at least for me it has been

i do have the canon housing as well but wanted something for deeper dives so i bought an ike to save on some $$$. the UWL is still an option down the road if i want to go with a dome port but for now, i am happy with what i have....for now :wink:

I have had canon housings for over 3 years and never had any problems.
Depth is not an issue as there is nothing to shoot below 25 meters in general terms
The ikelite has similar limitations to the Canon in terms of operability have you thought of selling both on ebay and buy a recsea or fix?

There are quite a few things here below 130' and I am a little uncomfortable taking the canon housing deeper than that. I am interested in a recsea and may get one down the road but I may go with an M4/3 set up so a recsea may not be in the cards.

Well send me a link to a picture under 30 meters I am curious!
Anyway going back to this thread for the Canon housing really there is no better solution than the Inon UWLH 28LD, the lens is great quality and can take a dome later, however is super heavy to handle
If you later upgrade to a recsea or fisheye there are adapters to reuse the LD lenses so all in all the best investment in my opinion

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom