What is the cost of recompression?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think if no chamber is locally available the low altitude air transportation can be expensive
not to sure if insurance pays for that

When you need it.........priceless.

Hey,
It is priceless. The operator was very nice and explained everything to me and emailed my claim form immediately. Went diving last monday, after first dive, severe ear pressure and nausea. Blew ear drum out, about 6 years ago, so slow equalizing and getting to bottom but after that good, until I come up. Doctor said, ear is bruised and just not looking right, so Catscan tomorrow.

I love to dive, but maybe shore diving and snorkeling is my future. :no We'll see.

Got the best DAN insurance. Just wondering what it cost to see if the kids will get anything when I finally kick off to the great 120 ft dive in the ski!

Thanks for the answers.

K

Does your Big Brother kick in & get you cheap gas, too???..........If so, what a deal........But I'll still stick with the best nation in the world & keep my Dan insurance going for 100 bucks a year...........

Hi, I know I am new around here so I may have this wrong, but should you not change your profile information to show that you have moved to Ireland now? It still says you are in the US.

Not of course that I blame you for moving, good choice really. I live in Australia now and kind of get what you mean about Big Brother, but nothing compared to the US heh? what with all that Patriot Act and all, must be a bummer, I take it that is why you left?

Anyway, glad you enjoying Ireland.

Peace.

I have hear various numbers for the cost of diver recompression, but does anyone have the facts as to how much it costs for recompression (I assume these are US costs in dollars.)?

Numbers I have heard range from 5 to 40,000 dollars.

Thanks,
K

It depends on where you are treated, however minimum cost at reputable facilities are approx USD$800 per hour + Dr fee of USD $500..

This actually the cheapest part of getting treated if you need to be evacuated by aircraft. AS the aircraft needs to be pressurized to sea level (still able to fly at 20,000 feet or more, however this places extra stress on the aircraft). These can cost upwards of USD 30,000 and they will not depart from their point of origin until they have a guarantee of payment so if you do not have appropriate insurance which includes evacuation you had better have a way to have the cash readily available to be paid so as the aircraft can come and get you.

Old saying user pays so best recommendation even if you have health care cover is to get DAN insurance and let them take care of all of your concerns

I just got back from Cozumel and talked with the chamber doc while there on another issue. The discussion went to DAN insurance and he mentioned a patient who was in the chamber for the second day. Cost by that time was about $7000.00. Diver didn't have DAN. 'Nuff said.

what happens if you just dont pay in another country while in the hosptial. Do they put you in jail?

Does your Big Brother kick in & get you cheap gas, too???..........If so, what a deal........But I'll still stick with the best nation in the world & keep my Dan insurance going for 100 bucks a year...........

You're from Canada?

:D

Bill.

Back
Top Bottom