What is the craziest "specialty" you have heard of that you know is actually real?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helicopter diver

Here's and idea for a new PADI cert - Using your P Valve in a Drysuit. Wouldn't surprise me.

Just remembered seeing this a while back. "Mine Diver" specialty available at Bonne Terre Mine.

Bonne Terre Mine

2 dives, no classwork, PADI or SSI

As an aside, a REALLY want to make a trip here at some point in the relatively near future.

Cave diving techniques in OPEN WATER.

You don't ever come in a cave or cavern. It is about laying a line during a nightdive. :D

@Rollin Bonz
I though you were putting us on....but it is true !

SPECIALTY COURSES AVAILABLE DURING YOUR BONNE TERRE WEEKEND:

(COURSES MUST BE RESERVED AND PREPAID AT TIME OF RESERVATION)
MINE DIVER SPECIALTY CERTIFICATION (SSI or PADI):
$85
(Includes Certification) No bookwork. You qualify for specialty by completing 2 dives with us. Specialty counts toward Advanced Open Water Diver or Master Diver.]

SDM

I'd really like to see "Cleaning up after yourself diver"

That one would be crazy at all ! It should be compulsory in fact. I've seen to many places spoiled by divers : from picnic leftovers, to soda lime thrown in a ditch, and even much more unpleasant wastes... :mad:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom