What is the current Jupiter water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like JDC isn't going out at all today. We're booked for Tuesday!

Looks like JDC isn't going out at all today. We're booked for Tuesday!

No, I did 4 dives with JDC today, Kylami was out in the morning too. It was rough, about 1/3 of the divers both trips were sick. We nearly got skunked on Area 29, a single Lemon, good dive on Tunnels as 2nd dive in the morning and at Scarface and Tunnels in the afternoon. A few Reef Sharks, quite a few Nurse Sharks, turtles, Southern Rays, Morays...and the usual reef fish. Water temp was chilly 72-3, I was fine in my 7 mm and hooded vest, most divers were cold. Visibility was variable 30-50 feet. I would still take the boat coat tomorrow

I will get out in Boynton Beach tomorrow. Next week will be fantastic

Thanks for the dive report, sucbadada. Ugh....1/3 of the divers on both trips were sick....that's bad. Was the boat full? I looked at the JDC calendar for today and it appeared they didn't go out because there were still 21 spaces. They must not have updated the calendar. I sure hope the conditions are much better next week and the water warmer. You're brave going out tomorrow. I'd still be thawing out from today! Have fun and be safe!

Thanks for the dive report, sucbadada. Ugh....1/3 of the divers on both trips were sick....that's bad. Was the boat full? I looked at the JDC calendar for today and it appeared they didn't go out because there were still 21 spaces. They must not have updated the calendar. I sure hope the conditions are much better next week and the water warmer. You're brave going out tomorrow. I'd still be thawing out from today! Have fun and be safe!

Only one of the two boats went out morning and afternoon, Republic IV, Capt Mike, he did a great job driving and picking up in big seas. Mate, Mike, did a good job, particularly in the AM. Morning boat had something like 16, afternoon, only 6. Next week looks great, way less hurling, fortunately, I am immune

Got out of Boynton today with Starfish. The inlet was OK, seas started off kind of rough but started settling down by the end of the morning. Water is chilly, 72-3, just like Jupiter and West Palm last couple days. Visibility is about the same too, 30-50 feet. Three Reef Sharks today, somewhat unusual for Boynton. Several Nurse Sharks, and turtles. A huge Southern Ray with a big accompanying Cobia on the inside reef, my spearfishing friends would have loved it. The usual many, many, reef fish. This week should be really good.

I dove on Kyalami with Capt Sl8tr today...little choppy, a few were seasick and cold, probably 5 didn't dive the second round. Vis was 40ish feet, better on the first dive than the second. 69 on bottom. I was pretty chilly especially on my second dive in my 3mm suit. Opted not to wear the 7mm hood which was a mistake. Lots of life on bottom though, 5 or 6 reef sharks, goliath, lots of barracudas, turtles (green, loggerhead, and hawksbill), big stingray in the sand. One group saw a hammerhead, I missed him. The vibe on the Kyalami is great, they did their "Lazy Sunday" after diving which consisted of meatball sandwiches, crab pasta salad and chips and a little cruise around the river listening to tunes.

Two great dives with Underwater Explorers out of Boynton Beach this morning. The seas have really calmed down and wind is decreasing. Water 73 degrees, 50 foot vis. The rest of the week should be great. There are 3 spots open for tomorrow morning, 5 for Wed and Thurs morning, 1 for Friday morning, 2 for Friday afternoon, and 1 for a rare 3 tanker on Saturday. Come join me, it will be fantastic.

Wow, I'd freeze my butt off in a 3mm, makologic! I'd be one of the people sitting out the second dive. But glad you got out and it's great to hear the Kyalami does a wonderful job. One of our dive buddies went out on the Kyalami a couple weeks ago and had nothing but good things to say. Thanks for the report!

You're really getting some dives in scubadada....nice! Do you dive with Underwater Explorers frequently? We've only dived in the WPB area once and never in the Boynton Beach area (maybe it's the same reef system???). Thanks for the report...can't wait to dive tomorrow!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom