What is the difference between Waterproof's G1 & G2 3mm gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
I know I'm easily confused, but some retailers are selling the Waterproof 3mm gloves that have the zips on the back as being G1 and others are selling them as being G2 - so could someone please clear up my confusion so as I order the right gloves? And if anyone knows whether their sizing is correct or is a bit small or a bit big that would be great too!

G1 -
1693902838358.png

G2 -
1693902920996.png

They look exactly the same to me apart from one has orange inside and one has blue!

Waterproof doesn't advertise the existence of a G2 glove, while there are countless variants of the G1, so I suspect it's just a product rename of some kind.

Waterproof doesn't advertise the existence of a G2 glove, while there are countless variants of the G1, so I suspect it's just a product rename of some kind.
Cheers JB. Had me confused - especially as those advertising the G2 had a picture of what appeared to externally be the same gloves with G2 on the back of them!

Yet.

They are new.

Right, so I guess they're renaming the G1 to the G2 to make space for an Even Awesomer G1 or something... I like Waterproof products, generally, but they are quite fickle. This thread made me consider that my wetsuit is falling apart and that I might get a W1 like my wife, but apparently the entire W1 product line is now gone? Sigh...

(No idea about the glove sizing, sorry.)

Right, so I guess they're renaming the G1 to the G2 to make space for an Even Awesomer G1 or something... I like Waterproof products, generally, but they are quite fickle. This thread made me consider that my wetsuit is falling apart and that I might get a W1 like my wife, but apparently the entire W1 product line is now gone? Sigh...

(No idea about the glove sizing, sorry.)
They have probably renamed it the W2:)

The palm on the G2 looks different than the palm on my G1 gloves.

I was ordering new boots a couple of weeks ago and realized they now also have B1 and B2 boots that look identical.

I called our rep and was basically told that the boots are identical, but the B1 is discontinued and the B2 is roughly 50% higher price. So, buy the B1 while they are still available...

Are the G1's a wet glove?
I'm planning on using them for intro dry-suit in 70ish water. Not exactly cold, but I'm curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom