What is the difference between Waterproof's G1 & G2 3mm gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the G1's a wet glove?
I'm planning on using them for intro dry-suit in 70ish water. Not exactly cold, but I'm curious.

Yes, they are a wet glove.

You do you, but I definitely would not/don't wear gloves in 70-ish water. If it's a really long (>2 hours) dive, I might wear a hood in 70-ish water, but still no gloves. It's just not that cold. Not when I'm wearing a drysuit and hood.

But, that is just me.

I have the G1 3mm and they are really warm. But, when I do wear them with my trilam drysuit, the gauntlets are long enough to be a little annoying in how they interfere with the dry glove rings on my suit. Worn over the neoprene wrist seals (no rings) on my neoprene drysuit, they are perfect (for dives cold enough to want them).

I typically dive 1.5mm reef gloves and a 5mm suit in 70ish water w/o issue.

This spring I’m gonna be learning drysuit, and am looking to sort out the mechanics of gloves (preventing leaks etc) before moving to the PNW where I’ll expect to be in 3-5mm gloves or full dry. I’d rather get a grasp on that before things the legitimately cold if I spring a leak

I ended up with the G2's. They're pretty great. I'm impressed with the flexibility and dexterity. I have had no issues gripping a camera with them, and they're pretty notably warm with little water movement.

Water temperatures for my last few dives have been 69-71F water(20-21C) with a 5mm wetsuit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom