What is the funniest or craziest thing you witness underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While vacationing in Honduras, an overweight couple spoke loudly about their diving experience. Later while diving a shallow wreck out of the corner of my eyes I saw the same fellow dog paddling along. In shock I stared only to see his gal dog paddling along behind him, in perfect unison.
Later another resort guest asked me if I had seen the couple from Texas.
I replied, 'Do you mean the dog paddlers?'
She answered, 'They're the ones. Don't they make Texas proud?'
Wish I had a video camera with me.

One day in Cozumel we had a one-legged woman diver. That same day a guy forgot his fins. He and his buddy figured that if that woman could manage to dive with just one fin, they could too. So they split the one pair of fins between the two of them.

Regretfully, no matter how I positioned myself, I couldn't get the 1 legged woman and both of the 1 fin divers all into one photo.

PerroneFord:
After completing a cave dive at Jackson Blue in Mariana, FL, I noticed a guy in swimming shorts in the cavern area on the ceiling. He was moving around so I knew he wasn't dead. A friend took a photo.

Turns out the guy was in there with a snorkel only, and had his snorkel stuck in a small pool of air on the ceiling. That pool of air cave from divers' exhausted bubbles.

I didn't see any beer cans in his pockets, so I can only assume he left them on shore.

I remember a year or so ago that some guys died doing this in a florida... using a snorkle to go from air pocket to air pocket.

One day in Cozumel we had a one-legged woman diver. That same day a guy forgot his fins. He and his buddy figured that if that woman could manage to dive with just one fin, they could too. So they split the one pair of fins between the two of them.

I love people like that...

people that get back in the game are awesome.

The most stupid/funny thing I had happen was I was taking pictures at the Corsair (117 ft) and this crazy friend took EVERYTHING off even his mask and sat in the cockpit...he managed this in about 5 seconds. I was shocked

later he kept talking about the eel that lives in there and "vienna sausages"
What a clown. ...then he wanted to start a club where to be in it you had to pose nekid in the plane. I said....uh, let me think a minute... no.

There was this girl that was (and still do) telling everyone how good and experienced she was (which she wasn't btw). One day, she is buddied with a couple, both new but good divers. She says, "since i'm much more experienced than both of you, I'll go in the middle, everything will be fine, just follow me".

Then they start going down (It's a shore dive in very cold water). The two "new" divers sink at a perfect rate with a perfect trim. But this girl follows and stays at the surface. Then in about 6-8 ft of water, she tries to plunge head first. She goes down a bit, then pops like a cork, butt first. She repeated this about 4 times, finning frantically, looking like a feeding duck, until she finally managed to go deep enough to stick at the bottom.

That was soooo funny. Unfortunately, my buddy could only film the last moments of this unforgetable moment :laughing:

Perm any one from three;

A friend of mine who, when given the option of staying in to glue the new boots into his drysuit for tomorrow's dive or going to the pub, chose to temporarily attach the boots with lots of insulating tape and go to the pub. A small but interested group:popcorn: watched the brave man's entry down the beach the following morning and was not at all surprised when both boots parted from the suit when he was chest deep.

Or

The man with the home-knitted undersuit.

Or

The man with the home-made electrically-heated undersuit featuring a battery in each pocket either side of his :eyebrow: and a slightly leaking drysuit.

In Cozumel last year, I thought I was witnessing the filming of a James Bond Movie. Our group came upon 2 guys, one of whom had a spear gun. For anyone who doesn't know we were inside Marine Parque Arricefes De Cozumel, there's no hunting allowed:no . Our DM swims up to the guy and wrestles the spear gun away from him. We thought it was staged it was so unbelievable:11: . It wasn't though, it was real.

While taking my AOW class at the dive park in Catalina...

I'm up by the wall taking off my gear after a dive, and I hear an instructor in the water screaming at one of her OW students "YOU HAVE TO EXHALE!!! EXHALE!!!"

What made it funny was overhearing my instructor mutter to himself, his voice full of sarcasm, "yeah, that's the way they're gonna learn".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom