What is the worst place to eat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Kept salivating thinking of the great places to eat made me wonder what was your worst experience or where was the food/service so sub par you would never return?

If the restaurant in prime time is not as packed as you're accustomed to, just keep "swimming". My next point is not because of bad experience, but I do not eat at US fast food or restaurant chains. I mean world is rich with great food. But I digress...

Señor Frogs. No question.

Have avoided all the chains but Woody's got a big thumbs down the first time my group tried it. Mediocre food, indifferent and argumentative wait staff.

On the bright side, I haven't been any other place besides Cozumel where you can go to a different restaurant every meal and it's just awesome every time. Just one bummer per trip is a pretty good record.

I avoid all of the American chains, like KFC, Dominoes, Hardees, etc - Not because they are necessarily bad, but why go to Mexico on vacation to eat the same stuff you can get at home? But I have had a few dissapointing dining experiences in Cozumel. Long ago, I went to Wet Wendy's with some friends, mostly to drink and listen to some live music - Wet Wendy's had a couple of Peruvian guys who were playing on Pan Flutes, they were great. The drinks were excellent. Then we ordered a Pizza - big mistake. It was AWFUL. I'll go back to Wet Wendy's to drink, but when I get hungry, it's time to leave. Also went to Al Pie de Carbon, read a review saying that it was the place to go for beef. Not for me - the steak was poor quality, stringy, tough and overcooked. I used to rely on Pepe's Grill for a good Prime Rib dinner, but I think that the quality there went down quite a bit after the old man turned the restaurant over to his son. It's not terrible, just not up to par. I also had a pretty overpriced and below par lunch one time at Buccano's. I kept reading these glowing reviews of Buccano's at Night, so I decided to scope out the place for lunch one time. Service was terrible, the Shrimp were overcooked and rubbery - like eating erasers - and the dipping sauce was just disgusting. On top of all that, it was an expensive lunch, nowhere near worth the price. As it's way up north, and extra cab fares there and back, I'm just not willing to go back when I can be assured of finding great meals for a much better value in town.

I kept reading these glowing reviews of Buccano's at Night, so I decided to scope out the place for lunch one time. Service was terrible, the Shrimp were overcooked and rubbery - like eating erasers - and the dipping sauce was just disgusting. On top of all that, it was an expensive lunch, nowhere near worth the price. As it's way up north, and extra cab fares there and back, I'm just not willing to go back when I can be assured of finding great meals for a much better value in town.
I've never been to Buccano's during the day, but I have been there several times at night. Every time, it was excellent. The food was great, the service was prompt, and the atmosphere was very nice. It was a little pricey, but I expected that; the building and the location are pretty upscale.

I know the island and its eateries pretty well, so I can't say that I have had a bad meal there in recent memory. If I picked out a "worst" experience, it would only be the "least good", which really wouldn't be fair, so I won't do that.

Not really a hot spot for dining unless you are staying there, but I have always been more than satisfied with the food at El Cid La Ceiba, but the pizza there........never again!

Risking a flame attack, Del Sur has given us horrible service a number of time. When they are not busy, service is a little slow. When they are busy, forget about it. We sat 20-25 minutes JUST to get a drink order in. Drinks were done before anyone came by for an order. They were a little miffed when we send someone around the corner to get us some bread, since none hit the table. Last time I HAD to go back, as the dessert empanadas are really something, I got a dinner empanada that tasted freezer burned and bad. I have kinda had it with them and I am very forgiving....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom