What is up the giant pop up ads in the middle of the page that blocks me from reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will download firefox today. Do I just google Monzilla Fire Fox to get a download link? I was hoping I could get windows to work. I will do it this afternoon when I get off and see what happens. I will also go to those other forums to see if it gives me problems over there.

I do not have photoshop. Is there another way to do a screen capture and email it to one of you guys? I have Microsoft office 2007 with Power Point and Microsoft publisher and Microsoft photo story 2LE.

Ok... Firefox is just a web browser... Not an operating system. Go to Mozilla | Firefox web browser & Thunderbird email client and download firefox... Takes about 2 minutes to install depending on internet connection speed... and is FREE.

To do a screen capture...

On the Keyboard hit "CTRL" + "SHIFT" + "PRNT SCRN" (all of these are keys on your keyboard)

Then click "START" button... then select run and type in "mspaint"

once in paint... hit "CRTL + V" keys.

Then click file->save as - and save as a JPG file. so you can add as attachment... You don't need photoshop for the screen print.

However... You should just try firefox first, as your problem is with your WEB BROWSER... not with SB, and not with Windows per-se.

Once you've installed firefox, I'm sure you'll be saying, "why didn't I do this in the first place"

Ok jumping on here for a quick second at lunch. Thanks so much for the continued help. I was able to do a screen capture both ways as Howard and Kev suggested.

I will downloard fire fox in a bit. Man am I having withdrawals from the board! This is 2 days! I am starting to shake and think everyone is out to get me!!!

I am starting to shake and think everyone is out to get me!!!
Oh no, it's not all in your head. This has "Right Wing Plot to Suppress the Truth" written all over it.

Firefox solves my problem. Still can't get windows to work right on Scubaboard. I don't know what happened to windows. I have used the same computer the entire time I have been a member to long onto the board.

Thanks for telling me about Firefox. I am so glad to be able to get around on the board again!!! I could not use the new posts button at all.

Oddly the other sites that were listed above that use VB load just fine.

When I loaded Firefox it said it was the most secure browser. Any truth to that claim?

Thanks again for all the help!! You guys are the best!

I'm no authority, but I'll agree with those above who suggested FF - yep, it's the berries. I've had rare problems with some sites and FF2, maybe fixed on FF3, but I keep Google Chrome and Explorer also handy on my Start Menu. I think the only time I use slow-poke Explorer is when FF Download helper fails to capture a video and I try it there; maybe a few others? PC Pitstop: Free PC Scans and Tune-up Utilities offers an excellent free scan, and I think I use Explorer for that.

I spoke too soon again. Now they are just in a different place. The new posts button worked a couple of times and then stopped. I will reboot in a minute and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom